Was all the "cut" content actually promised or only teased?

I’m getting confused. I discovered half of the things that were cancelled for the first time, and I’m having trouble grasping the subtlety of the other changes.

People playing the beta, opinions?

Its 100% campaign stuff that was cancelled, Beta players have no acces to campaign.

Lets just say: look at the game at 2018 blizzcon, thought you were getting that didint ya…

12 Likes

Let’s say devs were not really clear and people started dreaming of how they wanted their reforged version of wc3. And now they are disappointed. Even if some stuff was actually cut, but that’s not necessarily a bad thing for the game so no big deal.

1 Like

There was supposed to be things like new voice lines to replace lines that were placeholder but made it into final release anyway along with characters like Sylvanas and Jaina getting a little more character development.

Just go back and watch the panels from Blizzcon 2018 and you might understand a bit better about why some people are pissed off.

3 Likes

Did they directly say this content was cut or are people just assuming it was because it isn’t in beta? It is a BETA meaning unfinished after all.

I don’t understand the big deal either

Considering no one wants to respond to my previous comment it seems people are just complaining for the sake of complaining.

It was directly stated to be cut. At least, the new Culling-style cutscenes, the new voice lines and lore tweaks.

6 Likes

Thank you FrekyDoogal. That is indeed disappointing

4 Likes

I wish they resampled audio in higher quality at least.

Considering they literally had the new cutscene version in the campaign mission at 2018 Blizzcon, I would say it was practically confirmed.

2 Likes

Well, true that. I think they just weaponised the nostalgia.

2 Likes

I played the beta a bit. It’s quite bad. The whole thing has a very “early alpha” feel. In my estimation there’s no way they’ll deliver a quality product by the end of December.

They said things in the campaign were cut AND THATS IT!

People going a mile with that statement saying everything in the game was cut. I would ignore the forums since its always fake outrage on them.

They didn’t cut anything substantial. It was all fake news. The only major thing is the cutscenes. All the maps are still remade. And there are new voiceovers.

New voice overs yes, but mainly for female heroes/characters in multiplayer/custom games… they did NOT re-record all voice acting NOR do they implement new cutscenes/dialogue for characters like Jaina and Sylvanas like they originally planned. Atleast thats my understanding, along with the fact that they are not going to make Stratholme/Culling like cutscenes from Blizzcon 2018, but more simpler adjustments to existing cutscenes.

Whether that is “substantial” or not is up for everyone to decide for themselves though…And as for maps, not ALL of them are being remade from scratch but SOME are going to see significant changes to how they look or even to the map layout.

But again if you have link that proves this otherwise, then by all means provide it. Again though what everyone must undestand is that any lore additions they had planned would have been fairly minor in comparison to the whole length of the campaigns.

3 Likes

Shame! I was looking forward to a refreshed campaign with new parts.

2 Likes

There are with new maps.

I hope they make some edits to the campaign. At least better cut-scenes. I’m going to be thoroughly disappointed if nothing changes besides I get newer model textures.

That seems to be a general trend in the entire entertaining industry, considering the countless reboots, remakes and sequels. They would never take even the slightest risk when there’s an established fan base to exploit.

1 Like