Warcraft won't start

Hi, I just bought and installed Warcraft III: Reforged. When I press the play button, Warcraft won’t start, but instead, it crashes immediately with an error message The application encountered an unexpected error.
Errors log says:
Exception.Summary:
ACCESS_VIOLATION DBG-OPTIONS DBG-ADDR<00007FF6CB34C0B7>(“Warcraft III.exe”) ← DBG-ADDR<00007FF6CB34A37A>(“Warcraft III.exe”) ← DBG-ADDR<00007FF6CB34A2E3>(“Warcraft III.exe”) DBG-OPTIONS<>
<Exception.Summary>

I updated drivers, reinstalled the game, rebooted OS, tried all common solutions but nothing helped.
Is there anything I can do to solve this? Thanks

DxDiag

The same thing happens to me

1 Like

Howdy Alderman,

Access violations can often be caused by background programs (such as security software). Make sure WC3 is added as a security exclusion and disable all other programs temporarily. If this persists, let’s get a DxDiag:

How to Post Your DxDiag
  1. Press Windows Key + R.
  1. Type DxDiag and press Enter.
  1. In the DxDiag window, click Save All Information.
  1. Name the file "dxdiag" and click Save
  1. Open the file and press Ctrl+A then Ctrl+C. Paste the DXdiag into the post by pressing Ctrl+V. Select and highlight everything you just pasted, and hit the "preformated text" button ˂/˃. That'll make the information much more readable.

If the text files are too large, you can upload them to Pastebin and provide the link in your reply. If you are unable to post links on the forums, follow the steps below.

How to Post Links
  1. Paste the "Direct Link" to your file, image and/or video in your post. (See image below).

1. Select the link you just pasted and click the ˂/˃ button on the Reply Editor toolbar. (See image below).

1. Click Reply. (See image below).

Your link will look similar to this: https://i.imgur.com/AQIKfWw.gif

DeadlyKitten,

Your crash appears to be related to the AMD driver. Make sure that’s updated and if this persists, create your own thread with your DxDiag.