Warcraft Reforged - Audio issues, static sound

Hi There!
I tried Reforged a week ago for a few minutes and it seems all good.
Yesterday I wanted to start playing the campaing, but when I launch the game happened the problem.
In the main menu, in every section, during intro/video, during the mission it’s present this static sound, one time a bit soft other time very loud, but always present.
I tried uninstall and reinstall the game, I try the “analyze and fix” option in battle net app but nothing change.
Anyone else got this issue? The game is unplayable and I’ve just bought it =(
Anyone have some tips to solve this? Support is not very helpful.

Many thanks

The sound problem is in your PC, there is nothing wrong with the sounds in the game and I have not heard any of this “static” you speak of.

Also, sound doesn’t make the game unplayable, please lay off the hyperobole. Lots of people play games with the sound turned entirely off, entirely independent of any issues.

If you can’t resolve the issue by tinkering with your sound device or the sound settings, and you think the game is “unplayable” without sound, then I suggest requesting a refund.

To better help you, please list your system specs, and also run DXDiag and click “Save all information” in the bottom left, and paste the contents of that file on pastebin.com and link it here using the </> code tags button in the formatting bar:

pastebin.com/123456

LOL what a response xD.
First of all I create this post after I contact Blizzard support, they say to me that they have receive multiple reports about this audio problem. They suggest me to write on the forum, so maybe someone that got this issue has some workaround.
Second, the sound of my PC is ok for all games, also for other games in Battle.net app, and also it was ok the week before and then the issue began, so probably was a problem related to an update.
And last but not least, what a ***** suggestion is to play the game with audio turned off XD

By the way, thanks for your response, it was not usefull at all but you make me laugh =)

I know right, good thing I didn’t make a career out of tech support. :slight_smile:

First of all I create this post after I contact Blizzard support, they say to me that they have receive multiple reports about this audio problem. They suggest me to write on the forum, so maybe someone that got this issue has some workaround.

That’s all well and good but that’s basically just the tech support way of saying “We have no idea what your problem is.” They sent you here because other users might have some insights for you. Which I did. :slight_smile:

Second, the sound of my PC is ok for all games, also for other games in Battle.net app,

A lack of other things that aren’t working still doesn’t mean it’s specifically a problem with the game. “Other games in battle.net app” is meaningless because all of them were all made by different teams- there is no standard between each of their games.

and also it was ok the week before and then the issue began, so probably was a problem related to an update.

If it was fine a week ago that just solidifies that the problem is somewhere on your PC. There was no patch or update to the game within that time. So if anything has changed, your system is somehow the cause of it- Even if other games sound fine. This is simple logical deduction- If you encounter a problem suddenly, then the process of finding a solution means asking “What changed between the time it worked and the time it stopped working?”
Did anything else happen around that time?
-Windows updates?
-New hardware installed, whether sound related or not?
-New software installed?
-Old software removed?
-Settings in Windows changed? Again, even if not sound related.

And last but not least, what a ***** suggestion is to play the game with audio turned off XD

You may not like it, but it is entirely a reasonable work around, and as I said, lots of people turn off the sound in their games, there’s a reason why that’s an option. I am simply driving home the point that sound has nothing to do with game playability. “unplayable” means you literally can’t play the game. Bad sounding sound or no sound at all is not an issue that prevents playing the game. You can play the game- you’re simply finding it less enjoyable as a result.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.