Warcraft IV confirmed

We all know that Blizzard is working on a new fantasy RTS. However we also all know it is not directly Warcraft related due to Warcraft draining the series of lore.

Literally the only meaningful lore they could have after World of Warcraft is if they turned the entire series into StarCraft and have a galactic war against the void lords.

Speaking of, who says RTS is dead genre , majority on forum and community ??

So explain me guys, RTS is dead and blizz creating new RTS game wtf ???

Whos saying warcraft 4 will never happen, it will cause i say so.

2 Likes

there wonā€™t be warcraft 4 in 2021ā€¦you kidding me? They wonā€™t kill off reforged in 1.5 years just for a ā€œtestā€ā€¦thereā€™ll be a new diablo before warcraft 4 due to the WoW concurrent storyline.

Plus RTS games are not the strongest sellers in todayā€™s market - kids now arenā€™t playing RTS games the way we used to in 2003. You need a lesson in basic gaming economics lol

2 Likes

You know nothing.
It will happen on existing platform .
Now i must report you cause you are trying to destroy my thread , sit down.

2 Likes

i know nothing and most importantly - you confirmed nothing.

Go ahead and report me, iā€™m allowed to disagree with you all i want :)ā€¦

btw i disagree once again, warcraft 4 will not be announced any time in 2021ā€¦diablo 4 will be first in my opinion.

woah, chill man

Do you really believe blizzard will just throw away heroes of the storm just like that, without using all of its benefits ?
Their company is going down, and most logical step i already explained.
You will have warcraft IV indeed.

Who needs Diablo 4?

Diablo fans only

No way Jose

2 Likes

why are you talking about hots now?

I talk. With this financial crysis in blizzard, i talk about logical things.
Build warcraft 4 on Hots, game will die soon anyway.
And this is most cheapest way btw
So yea, got me on 2021/2022 announce

1 Like

iā€™m truly lost right now

Hots is popular warcraft universe game that could be used as popular blizzard custom maps for warcraft 4 .

Since it will going to die and blizzard is not well standing with finance, it can be used to build warcraft 4 on its platform. With totally new assets .

Existing assets can be resources for those ā€œcustom maps of hotsā€ who cares.

So hots can exist in this state and used as ā€œblizz dotaā€ whatever.

And who cares if a download size would be 50 gb with wc4 built togehter with existing hots. Could be split for downlaods. You dont have to kill it totally.

I am saying, a lot cheaper and most logical way is to build wc4 on existing platform of hots with changes to blend with new game.

1 Like

ā€¦but i donā€™t even want warcraft 4ā€¦

You will, when its announce in 2021/2022 with 3-4 year development you will want play it in 2025/2026.
Reported

1 Like

why would you report me for having different opinion? i can understand why you (and most people) want warcraft 4 but i personnaly donā€™t really want it.

not saying we NEED diablo 4, i just think it makes more sense that that games is released before any warcraft 4ā€¦i explained why in my post.

Thatā€™s because RTS have to evolve to attract the crowd. What worked in the 90ā€™s and 00ā€™s does not work today to get that big money.

The spirit of RTS is still there it just needs innovation. For example the game atlas. Atlas is 1000 times more tedious in the resource gathering, is laggy, rehashed ark in some ways, but the pvp vs China was a selling point to some players. In RTS fashion players built bases and units to challenge the opposition. Massive ship battles and base raiding vs overwhelming numbers as the westerners came in packs of 5-15 and easterners were 50-70.

For Warcraft 4 some traditions will have to be left behind.

Relax report is joke, ofc noone can be reported for that.

Anyway Saithis, i understand. Yes, if their plan is like that ok.

But i think not, you have diablo immportal

I beliee warcraft franchise still have its potentials

2 Likes

the reason i donā€™t want warcraft 4 is because
-wow is still running
-making warcraft 4 would mean making something that follows wow lore, and knowing itā€™s actual state i donā€™t want to imagine what itā€™ll be likeā€¦

but thatā€™s just my personal opinion. (i donā€™t hate wow btw)

2 Likes

We are humans, we can change wow lore and skip some parts.
And make it similar to wow, but more friendly to wc3.
Just make a peace that illidan didnt die by arthas and someone saved him.
That would be a bridge point for further story. Then you can skip alternate past etc.

Its a GODAMN STORY, dont tell me someone cant change a story to be similar but still different from its source,and to sound more logical.

After that you can build a game

1 Like

well, ok
and of course iā€™ll be happy if warcraft 4 happens but iā€™m just not expecting it neither waiting for it.