Warcraft III: Reforged PTR Patch Notes - Version 1.32.6

this blizzard, THIS is what we were waiting for, this is the kind of patch that should haapen every month or two, not footprints, but thank you blizzard, that patch is a spark of hope in my heart for the future of reforged.

2 Likes

Blizzard,

Is there any consideration to address Human peasant harass vulnerability? Hu players are at a massive disadvantage, particularity in higher lvl games in this regard.

Perhaps allowing upgrade for Farms to behave similar to Supply Depot? This allows Hu to provide better wall off options but gold and farm lines still open to other attacks (air, zep, etc).

The problem with the ritual dagger were both, the amount of healing but even more, the time it needs to heal up.
Considering that you have to sacrifice a unit, which is most likely not the ideal, almost dead skelleton but an almost dead real unit, I think its nice to give it a little bit of burst healing, something around 30-50 HP before the actual regeneration effects kicks in.

So lets say: 40 burst healing, and 110 HP regeneration in 30 seconds, sounds about right to me.

You canā€™t use W3Champions because:

The players playing are nowhere near the best at their race, they donā€™t actually represent proper balance because they make too many mistakes and are unable to capitalize to the fullest of their race.
Some of the best players of Europe are not even playing, like Happy for example.
One American player, Hitman, was able to easily hit top1 in this ladder, skewing results.
You have a few dominant player in EU. Happy is the best by far, then you have a huge gap. Below him are Foggy, Blade, Hawk, Spiral etc. Since you have such a low amount of games, having one player of them not play for 2 weeks will instantly skew the entire statistics. They are simply not representative.

Do these balance changes affect Campaing as well or are they made for MP separately?

Nice Work Blizzard :smiley:

That seems to be really good changes.

Is there anyway to show you selfcreated maps for fresh wind in the map pool?
I latelay played a lot of 3vs3 and the actual map choices arent that good.

Before Reforged came out i made a 3v3 map that was played very often in old battle net with a full house and it got nice ratings (during and after game) from the players.
It was made with the Ashenvale Titleset, with the new changes for the mercenary camps it will be be great :smiley:

BUT HEY MAN you know what you should REALLY change ?!?

The reddrake attack sounds man, they are so damn loud compared to every other source of sounds, man I have to immediately turn the volume down, whenever I creep the fountain on concealed hill.

The nerfs to Thunder Clap and War Stomp are good, but not enough in my opinion. I think an extra step is required, so for instance a max damage cap could be added to Thunder Clap and the duration of War Stomp could be slightly reduced (e.g., from 3/4/5 to 3/3.5/4.5).

The buffs to Witch Doctors and Druids of the Talons are also nice, but at the same time I feel other equally underused units might benefit from something too (e.g., Gryphons, Ghouls, Necromancers, Frost Wyrms).

The Tranquility duration buff makes no sense because itā€™s one of the few spells that retains its utility even in non-combat situation. It should be reverted, itā€™s already a great ultimate spell and furthermore has a crazy good cooldown for what it provides.

Iā€™m a bit puzzled by the Undead changes. Certainly itā€™s great news that finally the Crypt Lord is receiving some love and that Ritual Dagger wonā€™t be a meme item anymore, but Iā€™m a bit concerned these buffs are only going to strengthen the actual meta with Death Knight first. Iā€™m confident a good balance can be found in nerfing such hero (or at least some elements revolving around the current meta), also because the nerf to Skeleton Warriors is not fixing the matchup against Human. It might even play a big role at the highest level, but in the end the other 95% of Human players are still going to get steamrolled.

I love the changes to items. Just, out of consistency, Pendant of Energy should be nerfed as well, considering the treatment other mana items received.

Lastly, something not addressed yet with suggested balance changes: Human mirror. Of course itā€™s balanced in itself, but itā€™s extremely boring when both parties are just massing Spell Breakers and thereā€™s very little room for any interaction involving spells.

1 Like

Alright which WC3 developer played with/against me on Twilight Ruins when I was undead?

Iā€™ve played about a hundred 4v4 RT games on that map where I went fast gargs and creeped the 4 center red camps to power level an alchemist or other hero to level 5 with permanent items and then collected my free win. It was a silly, busted strategy, and I did it so often that Iā€™m suspicious that patchnote was aimed specifically at me.

Also this is a very good set of patches and Iā€™m very glad for the crypt lord changes in particular, but I will sincerely miss my mass Makrura Deepseer cheese builds in 4v4 RT. So long and farewell, it was bloody fun when it lasted. Seeing a level 6 archmage teleport around with a dozen deepseers and launch 48 crabs at people and spam entangles was pretty ridiculous

Did they add back the features yet which were in original Warcraft 3?

Clans? Tournaments?

we are talking reforged but anyone playing on new graphics? xD

1 Like

Dude, Iā€™d like to hear your opinon about the whole magic immunity-topic.
Is it like: ā€œNo, it is so fundamental, that we can not conserding changeing itā€ or is it more like: ā€œWe do believe that this mechanic is outdated and we think about it.ā€ ?

Very cool changes and everything.

But can we talk about those Lady Vash footprints againā€¦ Iā€™m not satisfied.

1 Like

Dear Blizzard you head in the right direction. You still need to adress the problem with POTM - she has still a very weak ultimate and is one of the weakest heros in the game if not the weakest. I think rework searing arrow or replace it with another spell (maybe heal or aoe damage) and owl rework will do the job. And immolation on DH needs a small buff too.
Mass teleport could get a longer cd its just to spamable. Tanks needs better anti air range but reduced siege damage to make them less anoying vs buildings and better in fights.

THANK YOU. Finally a bit of fresh air after all this looong silence. Balance changes are delicate and requiere a very dedicated and professional team which keeps up with the meta. Most of these balance changes look interesting and based on good reasons. So congrats and thanks again.

where is ladder?

please make gargoyles prioritize air targets when attack movingā€¦

This is a good start. Well done

xhttps://giphy.com/gifs/moodman-YRuFixSNWFVcXaxpmX

Great changes imo.

Wishlist:
While using classic graphics, there is an issue where every so often health bars disappear during the Terror of the Tides campaign.

Map makers should have access to Furionā€™s removed models.

Toggle option to use Blizzcon UI.

Add back custom campaigns.

Release art tools so people can make custom models for Reforged that match its style. This feature could be tied to purchasing Reforged.