Warcraft III: Reforged Patch Notes

Warcraft III: Reforged Patch Notes
Version 1.32 – January 28, 2020

Relive the events of Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos and The Frozen Throne with Warcraft III: Reforged. Experience the epic origin stories of Warcraft, now more stunning and evocative than ever before, with vivid recreations of every hero, unit, building, and environment.

Updates
Battle .net

• Install, update, and launch Warcraft III from the Blizzard Battle .net app.
  • Includes integrated Groups and Chat.

Campaigns

• Restored three prologue missions from the original Warcraft III Demo: Riders on the Storm, The Fires Down Below, and Countdown to Extinction.
  • Updated terrain, mission difficulty, and added auto-saves for all missions.
  • Updated art and layout of major cities from three of Warcraft’s iconic cities: Dalaran, Silvermoon, and Stratholme.
  • Updated all campaign characters and visual assets.

Collections

• Equip hero skins, choose your favorite portrait, and browse unlockable campaign and matchmaking rewards.

Languages

• Locale support added for Spanish (Latin America) and Portuguese (Brazil).
  • Locale support updated for Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), French, German, Italian, Korean, Polish, Russian, Spanish (Spain).

Menus and Options

• Added “Grid” or traditional hotkey layouts.
  • New gameplay settings for unit health bars, team colors, hero status bars, and cooldown display.
  • Classic Account linking to keep your historic wins.
    • Legacy accounts will expire in 90 days, so link as soon as possible.
  • Toggle between Classic and Reforged mode for graphics and campaign content.

Versus - Competitive Matchmaking

• Queue for heads-up battle with the new matchmaking system for 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, 4v4, or 4-person “Free For All” melee.
  • Create your group and join 2v2, 3v3, or 4v4 together.

Known Issues
We’ve posted our Known Issues List in the Warcraft III Bug Report forum. Please ensure your drivers are up to date before reporting issues.

30 Likes

At long last…

5 Likes

When you killed my classic client multiplayer experience i hope in new client i will be able to play with my CLASSIC VOICE LINES (poland) otherwise i feel cheated and robbed by you

66 Likes

Well done! I hope the release will go smooth for all of you, including the developers.

5 Likes

Thanks for the update Kaivax.

So does this mean no new cinematics?

5 Likes

Any gameplay balance Changes coming ?

8 Likes

I think it was said right away that aside from the intro, all other cinematics will be just upscaled instead of remade.

Nothing about layout changes to Capital city or Ogrimmar? That’s a shame that those assets are not included alongside with a major rework of those cities. Oh well, excited to see what’s changed and what’s not.

2 Likes

Color bug is not fixed ? You gotta be kidding me… :D:D:D:D
It’s been here since day 1 when beta arrived. Come on guys.

It’s the only actuall thing that TRULY makes team games unplayable.

7 Likes

What will happen to classic BNet?

2 Likes

Great work! Is there a ladder though? That is so important to me.

15 Likes

Can you confirm if there is any new servers? Brazil, LatAm, for example?

2 Likes

Download is finished and now its time to wait… bit more than 3 more hours to go! Il be streaming at Twitch for anyone who doesnt want to buy Reforged just yet :slight_smile:

4 Likes

So are only these 3 cities reforged? (Maps)

Well, I haven’t seen it yet, but just in case i want to say that Dalaran and Silvermoon are being recolour of ech other but Sm winth wing everywhere and depressing autumn are not iconic, the same goes for Stratholme

Looking at Campaign changes one can truly realize that all the plans related to singleplayer were cancelled.

Now Reforged is officially an engine update & skin pack worth of 30$

45 Likes

Looks like most of the known issues are fixed?

1 Like

That was a long way, I hope it led us to our final goal - desent recration of our fond memories… Warcraft III at its finest.

Weird they didnt have that “recently fixed” section in the thread. Also didnt tell they fixed any of it in the New patch notes. I have a feeling they try to make us forget the problems.

1 Like