Warcraft III: Reforged Patch Notes - Version 1.32.10

Bring back Classic WC3 bnet already pls, your higher-ups killed this game (look at popularity since 2019).

5 Likes

Bruh how are these ppl so dumb, did they ever talk to pro nes on these changes? hu v ne will be so one sided as iF it werent already.
Literally mental midgets in a pineapple under the sea make wc3 balance patches, truly all hope lost , iF aliens abducted them they would think we 're are still single cellular organisms.

9 Likes

KAIVAX

4 games into the Patch and ive been tower pushed by human TWICE.

THANK YOU! its such a joy to play vs these strats.

great job!

6 Likes

Hahahah. I got a warm welcome to the game as Elf with vsing mass Gargs/Frosts and tier 1 tower rush from HU.

Thank you blizzard.
Thank you Remo and Tod for bringing in Gargs/Frosts and HU Towers.

Last time Remo first brought in Crypt Lord buff to the meta, the game was soooo interesting to play.
Now I get to enjoy the Tod HU Towers.

8 Likes

Good! Ye Gooooood!!!

1 Like

Thank you! :slight_smile: :kissing_heart:

ā€¦w3champions ?

Welcome to Humba patch there the weakest race dont you know?

Overall good patch, IMO.

Obviously, the the HU Tower Repair is most worrisome. Hard to say for sure from just looking at numbers, but that feels like too much. Was really hoping theyā€™d change it to 2-3 secs in the final patch. Open to being wrong about it though.

As an Orc player, Iā€™m OK w/ those nerfs. Think they are reasonable.

Other thoughts:

• Think people are really underestimating how much Mana Flare could help NE-HU.
  • Sundering Blades change is fine, but feels really lazy how they went about it.
  • Clap nerf looks good, range was insane before.
  • MG nerf was much needed.
  • Panda buff looks good, wasnā€™t seeing enough play.
  • Acolyte nerf is sensible. Wouldnā€™t mind a small speed nerf too.
  • Rod feels like itā€™s in the right place now, was too much before.
  • Boneyard could be interesting if we see them at top-level play. We know UD always gets T3, so itā€™s not too crazy to think we could see them. But I have my doubts.
    • PS, Happy was getting the Sacrificial Pit vs Foggy recently w/o getting Wyrms. Itā€™s still a good building.
  • Frost Armor nerf/buff is logical. Iā€™m happy they went slowly there, but we canā€™t be SO AFRAID to even touch it. Lich actually has a real decision at lvl4 now.
  • Hopefully they addressed the additional rally flag bug Chuddy pointed out that was still in the PTR.

Item changes are the most interesting IMO. Aura changes were long overdue. 60% is obviously the right number for sell value ā€“ 65% is just annoying math. 70% is too much, at least to start. Iā€™m pretty much open to any sort of change, as long as they start slow.

Additional ideas:

• Wouldnā€™t be opposed to DK getting his speed aura back.
  • PoTM could use some buffs. Maybe allow Searing to stack, but reduce its damage.
    • Not sure here, but open to ideas. Anyone remember what Starshaped recommended?
  • Immolation could use a tweak, like get rid of the initial mana cost. Pair this w/ a Mana Burn nerf and then we could buff Immolation even more.
    • This is a very cool spell that we NEVER see, and could be useful for NE early game vs HU and UD. Whereas Mana Burn is a party pooper and reduces interaction between the players. Seems like a good trade!
  • Would love to see something that would allow Orcs to regen mana on their units. Even if itā€™s a crappy item like the Dagger.
  • Would like to see UD get access to dispel on T2. Maybe through one of their casters or a new item. Could maybe add it to Statues via an upgrade, and increase the CD on their healing/mana regen. Think thatā€™s a win/win for everyone.
  • Review drop tables and map pool ā€“ but Iā€™m trying to be realistic here, so letā€™s move on!
  • Change cost of Mana Steal to 300g. It currently sells for 240g, which is hard to pass up. 180g seems better, and while itā€™s a good item, I donā€™t see this on the same level as Greater Heal or Mana.
  • Obligatory comment on reworking Thorns aura. Probably needs a secondary aspect to it like Unholy and Endurance have now. Still trying to figure out what exactly, though.
    • This would help Keeper scale much better. Currently, heā€™s super strong early, then is useless once dispel is available. Could tradeoff a strong aura w/ a weaker Entangle on lvl2.
  • Give Garg Prioritize a cooldown (still available by default), and add a research option that temporarily gives them better attack speed when used.
  • Big nerf to Siphon Mana. But Iā€™d start w/ changing to 15/25/35 (trying to be conservative) from 15/30/45; and/or reduce the amount of mana he can go over by, which would then stop taking mana from the target too. This would be 10/20/30 if I had my druthers.
    • There are other ways to go if those changes are too big. Reduce the range and increase the CD would be another option.
    • Reduce mana cost on other spells to help make up for this nerf.
  • Reduce range on Spell Steal to 600 from 700. (could probably be 500, but start small)
  • Increase cost of Berserkers by 10g (or 5g).
  • Increase cost of Bats by 10g (or 5g).
  • Would like to see something done w/ Docs. Maybe increase Heal Ward range so theyā€™re actually usable in a fight. Increase hp to 50? I know people hated when they were 200hp, but 5hp seems a bit low.
  • Ghoul upgrade on T2 thatā€™s similar to Eluneā€™s Grace for Archers, but not as good. Reduce piercing and magic damage taken to 80% and 90%, respectively.
  • Increase Priest HP and cost by 5-10g.

Not all of these ideas are going to be great, nor would I implement them all in one patch even if I could. Just wanted to share some thoughts to see what resonates w/ the community.

Have one on the house!

5 Likes

yo guys the Illidan Wagon is still missing in Reforged

Nice! I hope to see leagues at least. I have taken a very long hiatus and Iā€™m only being matched with vets. Wish I was matched with players more on my skill level.

Good changes, but where is Custom Campaigns? Still waiting on that

4 Likes

I think dark acolyte (neutral creep) footprints on reforged graphic can be improved

5 Likes

Iā€™m not even going to talk about this joke of a balance patch that is 95% inspired by wc3 casters, it just still amazes me where your priorities seem to be. How about an official ladder system, clans and player profiles? Working on a balance patch is like trying to put a ribbon on a turd. Finish the game by adding the missing features the old game used to have please. I donā€™t even care about the Reforged graphics anymore.

8 Likes

Where buff Abomination?
Abomination now useless.
Knight > Abomination
Taurens > Abomination
Bears > Abomination
Knights have Sundering Blades by default
Taurens have Pulverize by default
Bears have Roar by default
Abominations have sucks by default

2 Likes

How could somone be happy about the reselling value pulled back.
We finally had a compensation for looting terrible items, this is a direct quality of life improvement for absolutely everyone.

among all other races, night elf is theoretically the weakest and has worst synergy ON PAPER! ( you know, if we assume micromanagement and human limitations isnt a thing)ā€¦

For heroes,
DH= his immolation sucks, it must have a secondary effect like maybe spell damage reduction while active? increasing aoe as it lvl higher? like cā€™mon, just compare immolation with mk thunderclap. considering the cooldown of thunderclap. u still get more efficient damage/cooldown/mana, and clap has SLOW and also larger aoe!.. Metamorphosis should improve other skills to have compatibility with his 600 attack rangeā€¦ while on metamorphosis, mana burn gains 300 bonus cast range (600 total) same to atttack range, immolation x2 radius or damage, evasion additional chance or move speed maybe or unit phasing( this like tinker passiveā€¦ to balance out, remove the 500 hp bonusā€¦)

KOtg= remove that freaking thorns auraā€¦ nonsensical, and doesnt really address nelf blindspot except for mg combo. rework for like, evergreen aura or somesort, something thatā€™s actually an aura for a NATURE beingā€¦u know lorewise, kotg should have the most COMMON SENSE aura as healing/peace/replenishment ambience of nature gives (u know what i mean)ā€¦ i suggest evergreen aura that provides 5/10/15% damage reduction (i mean how is this better that devotion aura that actually gives more attack damage resistance than this? its advantage to the devotion aura is that the damage reduction applies to spells. makes sense since nelf units melt to nukes, and spell immune units are fragile to attackā€¦all nelf are very paper, hence this aura can mitigate that to a certain degreeā€¦ and maybe add regeneration too? actually make sense lorewise as well (nature suymbolize healing and all, but not needed since he has tranquility already)ā€¦
also, can entangle pls be used to target tanks? or maybe not , too op iguess? maybe add a mechanics to mechanical units that reduces debuff duration like hero duration? sleep, slow, entangle, short duration on mechanical units?

potm= she is a PRIESTESS!!! as lore geek, i was wondering why potm doesnt have any basic ability for HEALING/or NUKEā€¦ I suggest remove searing arrows (worst arrow skill) and replace for an ability like ā€œlucent beamā€ its works like, after praying for 1 second to elune (channel 1 second) it heals/damages friendly/enemy target for 100/175/250 hitpoints, it affects 350 radius around the target healing and damaging friendly units and enemy units for 50% of the valueā€¦ 90 manacost, 9 cd
make starfall cast an eclipse like moonstoneā€¦while starfall on, it become night

warden= she goodā€¦ its just, for nelf heroes which are mainly agility, they have the worst damage gain all heroes have 1.5 agi gain, meaning on agility aspect, they have equal footingā€¦but since other heroes have different prmary attribute, they have better damage gain scaling! so maybe rework the agility mechanics that will enable agility primary attribute heroes have higher stat gain like 3.1, 2.7 etcā€¦(changes like reduce base agi, bat, etc)

DRUIDS= as they are partly caster and fighter, i believe they must be able to fully commit to a certain roleā€¦ adept/master training should be the upgrades for CASTERā€¦ while mark of the claw/talon should be the upgrade for SHAPESHIFTā€¦ so basically, master training for dotc and adept for dots will instead unlock new caster spellā€¦ and the mark of the claw/talon, independent of the caster upgrades, should unlock at their respective tiersā€¦

DOTC= druid form now has 400 range, magical attack, new master ability like leach seed (places a debuff on an enemy, slowing them for 25% and dealing 20 damage per pulse, allies within 400 radius of the target gets healed for same amount, pulses every 2 seconds, lasts 20 seconds, can be autocast, 60 mana)ā€¦, or whatever better suiting ability u can think, of course a balanced skillā€¦ i dont want elf to end up like imbalance undefeatable late game humans

Bear form = still gets roar, but has very very slow mana regen, manacost transform back to druid is 200
=rework rejuvenation, become undispellable and unspeallstealable. As nelf has no oncombat heal, and the only they have can stolen and used against u by destros and breakersā€¦instead of 400 hp over 12 secs, make it insta have 150 heal upon cast, and heals 2% hp for 10 seconsā€¦ make it 150 mana cost, and now has 10 seconds cooldown. this way, it both has flat heal, and percentage heal, so both mgs and low hp units can use it with efficiency. it doesnā€™t stack, instead refresh duration from multiple rejuv. (can spam rejuve from a sgingle druid due to 150 manacost and 10 cd)
as a caster focused unit, make dotc like sprit walkers, they have more hp and mana than normal casters since they take 4 food. starting mana pool 250ā€“> 400ā€“> 550ā€¦
to avoid unit exploitation, make transformation time 3 seconds and increase mana cost for about 8x just to balance and avoid constant shifting

DOTT= new spell gust field thing, channels a powerful wind field in a 500 aoe ground targetā€¦ friendly units standing is this field gains 20% evasion and 20 attackspeadā€¦ lasts 8 seconds, 125 manacost, 20 second cooldown
or maybe COMMUNE, an aoe dispel with wisp, like the one in reign of chaos cinematic against archimonde, channels for 1.5 seconds and instantly summons a lumbering wisp in a area to cast detonateā€¦ for this, wisp must have an auto castable buttons like prioritize, wisp gain a commune icon, when not auto casted, they wont be used for detonateā€¦so if u dont commune a wisp, its bascially a useless spell (idk i just want a reilable nelf dispel against mass skellies and ultra buffed orc/human armmy, wisp easily destroyed before detonate esp late game ffa)
let cyclone be able to target tanks and other mechanical unitsā€¦tanks so hard to deal with as ne if u dont have economic advantageā€¦and late game gg with archmage mass tp and pala devotion

Glaive throwers most garbage siege unit: gives this an upgrade like berserkers, can upgrade to balllista at tier 3, ballista has 200 more range, more movespeed, additional 75 hp, and can use armor upgrade from hunters hall

HUntress= i dont understand why they unarmored when theyre literally the only elf unit with armor model (heheh)ā€¦ reduce their base armor and hitpoints, give heavy armor? not a big deal tho considering they have fast moveā€¦

give ancients ability! for tree of life/ages/eternity, give them living armor, 120cd global ability that grants 20/30/40 damage block for 10 instances and 5/10/15 regen, lasts 25 seconds or until the charge is all used up(the rooot tendrils of the tree has vast reaches of the land) the effect improves per tierā€¦ can be casted on ancients and mechanical unitsā€¦ basically its like and entangle but for friendly unitsā€¦ ridiculously out of nowhere but, would be funā€¦ or stead of that, give them the ability to resurrect trees like cenariusā€¦ at ultra late game no trees anymore for treants and giantsā€¦but make it have long cooldown. Sprout: resurrect trees in a 400 radius, cd 180
seconds

4 Likes

Iā€™m eagerly awaiting world editor updates :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Has ā€œHuman3.flacā€ music been changed to the Blood Elvesā€™theme from World of Warcraft? I donā€™t remember ever hearing it in Warcraft III before.

Canā€™t wait for the custom campaigns!

1 Like