Warcraft III: Reforged Patch Notes - 1.32.6

The balance patch is fine.
But at the same time it is another whole month that they cannot solve basic problems of the game.

But let’s face it all the patches in my case at least failed in what they tried to fix. It cannot fail in balance. No?

That triggered my reaction. Blizzard, what are you doing?
Some math is hinting at what exactly is wrong:
1 strength is 25 health points(HP), 1 intelligence is 15 mana points(MP)…
+6 strength give 150 HP and some HP regen (and +6 damage for heroes with strength main attribute). [Periapt of Vitality] give only 150 health.
+6 intelligence give 90 Mana and some MP regen (and +6 damage for heroes with intelligence main attribute). You fixed now [Pendant of Energy] to 100 MP.

Why 100 and not 90?

Forgotten oversights:
[Khadgar’s Gem of Health] : Increases the hit points of the Hero by 300 when worn.
HP equivalent to +12 strength… And what with [Pendant of Mana] with 250 mana capacity? +12 intelligence its only 180 mana capacity.

Blizzard, can you use your math-skill when you release the next patch?

[Medallion of Courage], [Helm of Valor] and [Hood of Cunning]: by +4 to two of the three attributes (total +8 now) is very weak for this item level. [Circlet of Nobility] increase total by +6 as level 2-item and [Belt of Giant Strength], [Robe of the Magi] and [Boots of Quel’Thalas] increase total by +6 as level 4-item, but that bonus only to one attribute. [Crown of Kings]: increase total by +15 as level 8-item. Level 5-items should be about +12: Like [+5, +2, +5] for Medallion of Courage, [+5, +5, +2] for Helm of Valor, [+2, +5, +5] for Hood of Cunning.

Why you don’t improve that useless items?

3/4/5 sec stun (2/3/4 sec for heroes) with 7 seconds cooldown and 250/300/350 AoE? You seriously? That stop all fight in late game with instantly “gg, go next” after second stun on enemy army. You are crazy? Why you don’t decrease stun duration or AoE? 5 sec on lvl3 with 350 AoE - that really imbalance. Look on Crypt Lord’s Impale - 250 AoE all levels, 9 sec cooldown and 2/3/4 duration (for heroes - 1/2/3). B - Balance!

1. [Brilliance Aura], [Thorns Aura], [Vampiric Aura] and [Trueshot Aura]: that all have some problems.

Use your imagine - make that interesting.

For example: Brilliance Aura gives additional mana regeneration (0.75/1.25/2.00) to nearby friendly units.
You can improve that for non-mana units(not applied to Mechanical Units and Buildings ofc): + gives magic ressistant (4%/7%/10%) to nearby friendly non-mana units.

For example: Thorns Aura gives friendly units around the Keeper of the Grove a damage shield, which wounds enemy melee attackers (10/20/30% of melee damage) + improve: and gives а chance (4%/7%/10%) to avoid attacks from enemy ranged attackers (Effect does not stack up with other sources of evasion. Only one sources that gives the greatest chance - applied on unit).

And some effects for friendly ranged units on Vampiric Aura and for friendly melee units on Trueshot Aura (if you don’t have imagination - you can create that auras on 66-75% weaker for the rest of the units that do not fit the standard description in the skill).

Nice joke. 100 mana cost from 125 - that nothing. The Beastmaster almost completely loses relevance when opponents have any dispels.

In campaign: Rexxar, the Beastmaster have storm hammer instead of falcon - that is why he is so good there, he has both summoned units and control.

I apologize in advance for being rude, just boiling. GL&HF

PLEASE CHANGE CL WITH BEETLES. It’s already WAY over powered. 2x CL + 2x beetles mass ghoul rush is almost unstoppable. PLEASE FIX.

Get better cables i guess.

An other useless patch, fix the freaking ladder and clans first , what’s so hard to understand ?

3 Likes

Great patch, thanks!

Why do I have to update to the latest patch in order to play singleplayer?
Why does updating to the latest patch screw up all of my saved games?
Why does a game that hasn’t had new content for 13 years still need multiplayer balance patches anyway?

Any one of these things individually would be embarrassing, but together? Good lord…

5 Likes

How which ladder are you speaking of?

3 Likes

Still no clans? No Ladder? Wow, you guys are dumb.

2 Likes

Campaign progress, yes. Map progress, no. I don’t always sit and play through a map in one night. Sometimes I need to reload in order to adjust my strategy. And when I’m almost all the way through a map, then none of my saves work anymore, it is extremely frustrating and upsetting.

1 Like

Think about how angry people would be if they reset progress in WoW with patches. Oh sorry, all that nice loot you just got had to be reset because we had to patch it. Yes, I know it’s a totally different game and different system, but if other games can be patched without invalidating work the players have done, then why can’t they figure out how to do it with WC3 too?

Or at least just give us the ability to apply the patch at a later date, knowing we may lose access to some aspects of the game until we patch. That way we could at least make it through the map we’re in the middle of.

2 Likes

Reading the dev notes it makes me wonder what the hell is going on at Blizzard. Clearly, there are people thinking critically about how to improve the game and are familiar enough with the meta to make reasonable balance changes…

Yet you don’t have the awareness to know that the community has been waiting for a functioning ladder for 6 months…? I don’t buy it. Of course you know. So why have you not explained why this hasn’t been implemented yet? How can the answer be as bad as this deafening silence?

Where is the disconnect, @Kaivax?

7 Likes

I challenge @Kaivax to an Agni Kai!

This could be a decent patch way, way down the line after the team has put enough focus on proper priorities. The team is small–you should be hammering the most important things first if you can’t afford to delegate without losing progress!!!

So basically you want ne to be OP? lol…

Man, that Leviathan guy sure is something. How embarrasing to blindly defend a company that after 6 months of releasing a rushed remaster they still haven’t restored features that were in the game since 2003.

Blizzard, this patch is appreciated, really, but all your man power should go to restoring lost content. Listen to your fans!

6 Likes

Can you freaking please just add the custom campaign already? Yes, you add the singleplay custom maps but where’s the freaking custom campaign?! I know you blizzard company or members can read this like stop being a robot and please just add it already.

1 Like

What an underwhelming patch. No custom campaigns, only rebalance which wasn’t really a priority given the abysmal state of the game.

3 Likes

Never in my life have i ever experienced a game taking 1-1.5 GB of storage for balancing numbers. For 1-1.5 GB you would expect people to actually fix the game (And this is not even mentioning the previous 2GB update we got that did nothing).

How did we go from a beautiful legendary game that only used to take around 500-700 MB to this disaster that just eats your computer up and doesnt even work properly

4 Likes

glitches on CL, you guys never done things right

You’re right, next time they do something amazing, I’ll thank them and encourage them by saying nothing. You have shown the flaws within me.