Warcraft III Co-Op

I know this game isn’t really being supported but I’ve been playing SC2 Co-Op recently (hadn’t played it when it was released) and have been having a good time with it.

Would be cool if there was a similar mode for Wc3 IMO.

Discuss…

1 Like

Please search similar thread, it was discussed like 3-4x times in last year !

conclusion: No! .
Co op is based on Heroes, different units, here would be hard to do that, eg. Karax -strong economy + Canon + Khaydarin Monolith + Zealots + Carriers, how can you do something similar?
I try to answer above question: Eg. Muradin Bronzebeard - dwarfs - economy can be solved to be strong, but after Canon towers, rifle mortar Griff, that’s it?
You cannot let him without mele units - so won’t work. Also without magic, dispel, no heal, no elfs at all in his dwarven army - will be odd.

Ok first faction let’s say solved - but no magic no mele.
Now let’s add more Uther L. faction: Knights , footies, again no ranged at all no magic, maybe griff’s for air. (because again cannot add elf units for Uther also no ranged, maybe few weaker rifles than Muradins)

Now Co op those 2x : Muradin+Uther togheter: still No magic at all, still No elves (eg. no archer, no dragonhawk, no soceress, nor priest. So if computer play Necro-wagon on Brutal difficulty plus some mutators, they f. (means really no chance at all! )

You have for that World of Warcraft - much better than any Co-Op.

Have you played Co-Op in SC2?

Yes I just described a scenario above.
I am sure I know sc2 Co-op :star2:

But that won’t work in War3.
And really I do not wish that, If I want I can play world of warcraft, or some custom eg. Dota - you cannot compare those with any co-op. Really !

Then you should know that co-op isn’t the same as campaign or multiplayer. It’s it’s own game with its own rules using the units from sc2.

Don’t need a mode for it. Custom games server this purpose more than sufficiently.

1 Like

Meh, custom games are cool but over the years I’ve found that I just don’t really like fan made content. The custom games creators don’t really follow through most of the time, only getting a creation part of the way there. Much of it suffers from the lack of polish. And often times its just cobbled together with whatever they have available to them at the time.

There are fanmade versions but it’s dumb we have to use save codes for it.

I know I told you I have :star: level in Co-Op + all commanders + all achievements!
If you know what that :star: mean, but I bet not!

So Won’t work and I told u is Co-Op could be Redundant we got multiplayer - lot of stuff + Dota+ WoW…
=> No Co-Op ever in War3!

Custom games don’t have two players against a campaign-like NPC enemy on an asymmetrical map.

Nor do they have any kind of cumulative progression.

1 Like

If you had followed Bethesda games modding scene, you would’ve noticed Morrowind Multiplayer, Fallout New Vegas multiplayer as well with Skyrim Together. And Custom Games are still regarded as “modding”.

Right now I don’t see anyone would take the time and effort to make the campaign co-op on this game (especially how popular this game really is now).

It’s not a bad idea as a game mode. Those that don’t want it can not play it in the same way that some only play campaign, some only play versus, some only play custom, etc.

One thing to keep in mind regardless of if it’s officially made or a community creation, SC2’s editor is insanely more powerful than WC3’s. Some knowledge and creativity could make some interesting Coop mode/maps in WC3, but they’d be far less intricate and nuanced as SC2’s Coop.

Co-Op Game style can be done with War3 custom game editor by someone skilled.
But I think @StrangeHero - wants also the ladder part of Co-Op (levels 1-15,16- 90 than 91-1000), - that sure cannot be implemented by a custom game!

Because if you win once, and re-start custom game with others, the system does not keep your personal win data. They see the 2 games totally different. Plus in SC2 - win points are dependent of difficulty (normal - win less points, brutal + weekly mutators - a lot of points).

Do not get me wrong I want also that part but they cannot solve here a win count update for portraits, a lot of times I win and then I get the Defeat screen so - win count as looses for my games.

So first fix the actual bug-s, or at least aknowledge them and schedule a date to be fixed.
Than we can talk about Co-Op or better Naga race, or even War4.

Why would I follow anything from a company that can’t finish their own games and launches them broken for the players to fix?

I was talking about the modders not the company itself.

So, Reforged co-op campaign exists, at least for Scourge of Lordaeron and Legacy of the Damned.

I don’t see co-op mode like SC2 happening. SC2 took advantage of the many sub-factions and units presented in the SC2 campaigns. WC3 has many factions in lore, but the game itself just doesn’t have so many units that they could establish a diverse roster.

1 Like

I understand that its NOT going to happen…

but having the conversation about what could be the possibilities would be fun.

And yes, I mean the SC2 style Co-Op, NOT a co-op WC3 campaign mode.

Why should I follow anything from fools who are willing to fix a billion dollar company’s games for free?

The game has more units than it knows what to do with. The issue is the vast majority of them are NPC units that don’t get used by factions with a fleshed out tech tree.

But you could easily fit them into a tech tree if you wanted, especially since Co-op commanders use much smaller tech trees than full factions.

Perhaps with Microsoft’s renewed interest in the older IP, implementing SC2 style co-op mode isn’t such a far fetched idea after all.

:sunglasses:

1 Like