Warcraft II BNE (and the original Diablo) is now on b.net

Please correct me if it wasn’t just added very recently, but warcraft II battle.net edition is now purchasable from the battle.net shop.

Has anyone checked if original CD keys for the game can be entered?

At least at first glance it does not appear the game is in any way updated (still only supports 4:3 aspect ratio by the screenshots), it appears to be the original Windows release, but I haven’t bought it yet so I can’t be sure.

Also worth noting the original version of the game (released on DOS) was available on MacOS (system 7.5) but BNE was windows only and it appears that only Windows is supported still.

Diablo I is also now avilable and it oddly includes the Hellfire expansion that wasn’t actually made by Blizzard.

$9.99 for each.

Unclear if it’s actually meant to be playable on battle.net, as the battle.net interface is glitchy and while you can connect online, both the create and join game buttons are grayed out…

You might still need to use compatability mode to get it to work properly- it is definitely the original version (2.02) released during the windows 95 era.

Edit:
Multiplayer does work but I had to manually open UDP port 6112 on my router to get it to work, just allowing it through windows firewall wasn’t enough.

The original Warcraft is also available ($5.99). That was only DOS, so it seems like it must have been updated in some way to work under modern versions of Windows, which don’t support DOS applications at all (maybe it’s packaged with dosbox)

Edit2: Yeah, i know these were previously avialable on GOG but i always found it odd how Blizzard itself wasn’t selling them.