Warcraft 3 Reskinned

Since they scraped a lot of content that was promised, maybe it is time to rename it to Warcraft 3 Reskinned.
What are we getting now?
New models, no new UI, no new Voice acting, no new cutscenes.
Small campaigning changes, like few cameos, w/o voice acting.
Well I guess they should cut the games price by half.
Also congratulations to the whinners who acted like the Warcraft 3 RoC and Warcraft 3 Frozen Throne would be forever deleted along with campaigning.
You know, old lore would still exist with old version, but I guess you were too butthurt, to let loads of players have something ā€œnewā€ to experience.

25 Likes

I donā€™t think this was a time issue but a resource issue.

Resources were pulled away from Warcraft 3 Reforged to prioritize development on Diablo 4.

This was only to point the purists. It was not the true reason for scrapping because everyone wanted reforged cutscenes (with or without same dialogues but refreshed camera and animations). They did this so you blame purists instead of blizzard lazyness.

1 Like

Like iā€™ve said. Blizzard has 4 options.

1. Just cancel Reforged.
  2. Give us the game that was promised/marketed/expected.
  3. Lower the proce by 50% since 50% of features are cut.
  4. Just leave the price and cut-features as is and alienate 50% of your playerbase. If not 70-80% save for purist fanatics.
3 Likes

Idk if it was Blizzard laziness , but I remember how some people disliked the Culling of Stratholme reforged cutscene, for being ā€œCheesyā€.

What is Cheesy ?

How one could prefer the very outdated curscenes and animations from classic ? The culling was so fresh and modern, gorgeous.

If you honestly want something ā€œnewā€ to experience, then ask Blizzard to add entirely new campaings to Reforged later on, or perhaps finally, FINALLY start working with Warcraft IVā€¦

honestly Reforged even in its original ā€œgrand planā€ was not going to be more than ā€œglorified remasterā€, not really complete overhaul/remake. And again while I think that the feedback that fans gave to Blizzard year ago had some impact, much of it is likely also because resource/schedule restrictions. I honestly suspect that especially with remaking all the old ingame cutscenes like they did Stratholme one, they were simply too bold/over-confident to promise something like thatā€¦

To remake every single cutscenes from Warcraft III: RoC and TFT like that they would have to have quite large team and I very much suspect that the higher ups from Activision-Blizzard would not allow that much resources to go for remastering/remaking RTS game from 16-17 years ago.

So while i think the feedback had also some effect, also the reality of the limited timeframe/resources also impacted on that decision, even if Blizzard/Reforge team is not admitting it.

I wouldnā€™t say itā€™s just re-skinning models, since thereā€™ll be tons of new stuff besides the hi-poly texture models. Like them saying an additional chapter for the Night Elf campaign in the Reign of Chaos. They removed the colour scheme background on unit portraits (the ones on the bottom left, next to the map), UI ā€“ which means ā€œUser Interfaces,ā€ right? ā€“ can be considered changed because icons are considered part of the U.I., and letā€™s not forget cinematics and cutscenes will be redone and not just ā€œreskinned.ā€

Did you sleep in the bunker all Blizzcon?

2 Likes

They returned almost the old interface. Cutscenes, as was shown in the demo of 2018, were abandoned. They also refused from the large-scale update of the campaign, in the English version they even decided not to change the voice acting. Welcome to reality.
If this does not suit you, then here is the petition:
http://chng.it/8D8MR76jV7
I donā€™t know if it will affect anything. But what else can we do?

Dudeā€¦ I donā€™t know how to break this to youā€¦ butā€¦

1.) Every side quest/additional mission that would have required them to re-voice the whole campaign has been cut.

2.) The cutscenes are not being redone except to correct the camera angles for the new maps.

2 Likes

You seem to be confused

1. Yes we are getting new models you got that right but you dramatically underplayed it because its not just redos of existing models the engine has been expanded to allow every unit to have a unique model

2. Yes the UI is completely new just play the multiplayer beta and you will see

3. Voice acting is something that can literally be slapped onto the game at any point with little effort you donā€™t need it at launch but it will probably have some new voice acting at launch.

4. All of the CUT-SCENES ARE NEW(re-shoots) STOP SPREADING LIES there is no way to put the cut-scenes from Warcraft 3 into Warcraft 3 REFORGED without recording them and GROTESQUELY STICKING THEM IN THE GAME WHICH NO ONE WOULD EVER DO!

5. the main and also most important thing to meld Warcraft 3 reforged with World of Warcraft is making zones look they way they do in World of Warcraft which they are doing

6. THE DEVS ARENā€™T PANDERING TO ANYONE BECAUSE OF DIVISIVE POSTS LIKE THIS THEY CANā€™T TRUST WHAT THEY READā€¦
    (divisive: tending to cause disagreement or hostility between people.)

I prefer the old cutscenes, personally.

Mostly because I can easily replicate the style and donā€™t need voice acting for them.

Besides, the animations in the Culling cutscene from last year were so janky that they completely took me out of it.

I thought it was fine personallyā€¦obviously not ā€œtriple Aā€ Blizzard quality, but imho still improvement over the original ones. That being said its not deal-breaker for me, but personally I would have gladly given Blizzard more development time to make those newly made cutscenes happen. Im sure that either way the old tools to make your own cutscenes would have still been the same as in the original.

Yeah but my whole plan was to use the cinematics tools to make machinima (since I suck at game design Iā€™m not about to design a campaign or anything). If I were to do it in the old style and the new style was being used officially, do you have any idea how much flak Iā€™d get for that on YouTube?

Blizzard just (unintentionally) helped me dodge a major bullet. Itā€™s been a long time since that happened.

Not just in the old version, map makers would make it in reforged aswell. (as you can see they already put some models from dataminnig on war3classic campaign maps and work fine what Blizzard make any diference of them, adjust sounds iguess and fix buggys of the new models on the old campaign)

Just purists being typical asses and not giving a crap about what the community as a whole wanted. I started playing wc3 in about 2004 and still play the game actively and am 100% for changes, I have played through the old campaign multiple times and although it was great, this is a new game! I donā€™t want it to be the same, itā€™s ā€˜reforgedā€™ not a remaster.

Oop- I didnā€™t know. No need to be a bit rude. I wasnā€™t too up-to-date with the news about Reforged. One reason that might be why is because Iā€™ve been reading posts of users with high standards when they first saw The Culling beta campaign. I was watching people on YouTube reacting about it and wanted the ā€œclassicā€ Warcraft III feel. So thatā€™s what weā€™re gonna get, I guess.

Erh, yeah. Thanks for telling me. Iā€™m not too up-to-date with the news; sorry.

Thatā€™s exactly it. They blame their lack of investment on the fan base. But to be honest, I am glad they wonā€™t change the campaign (letā€™s hope it stays this way). New cinematics could have been awesome though and bonus content also.