Hey Leonidas! Thanks for reaching out with that information. I totally understand how frustrating technical issues can be when you simply want to enjoy your gaming time.
This specific game behavior is most often caused by a third-party program conflicting with the launch process. It is not uncommon to find that even the most popular anti-virus programs prevent games from running due to mistakenly identifying it as a security threat. You can uninstall your anti-virus using the uninstaller tools from ESET’s website here.
If the game still doesn’t launch, try closing any other potentially conflicting programs/applications by disabling startup items with the steps below. Before trying the steps below, please close unnecessary programs and restart your computer:
- Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc to open the Task Manager.
- Click More Details in the bottom-left.
- Select the Startup tab.
- Right-click on each item listed and select Disable. Make sure all are “Disabled”.
- Restart the computer.
If the issue is resolved after restarting your system, you can enable each startup application one at a time to determine which one is causing the problem. You will need to restart between each application you enable.
Note: To re-enable startup applications, follow steps 1-4 and select Enable.
If the problem persists, please provide us with a DxDiag so we can further investigate the problem. Here are the instructions:
- Press Windows Key + R.
- Type DxDiag and press Enter.
- In the DxDiag window, click Save All Information.
- Name the file “dxdiag” and click Save
- Once you have that made, open the file. You’ll need to copy and paste the contents of the Text document into the post, and put four Tilde (~) marks above the DXDiag. It’ll look like this:
DXDiag goes here
If you have issues pasting here, please use Pastebin and post the link (ex: Pastebin (dot) com/123456).