Warcraft 3 reforged not starting

I press play it acts like it will start and the game never boots up I’m unsure why or what changed

8 Likes

I have the same problem, I click play, and NOTHING happens.

2 Likes

Me too, things have been pretty bad not opening lately

I’m getting an issue where it says “There was an error in handling the request”. Can’t play WC3

1 Like

I have the same problem and i cant contact the support due to another error… wth

This is a workaround for the: “There was an error in handling the request.”

Like I said this is a work around not sure if you can play local games or single player games with it but you can play offline and do the campaign.

1. Go to your Warcraft III folder.
  2. Make a shortcut of the Warcraft III.exe file
  3. Edit the Properties of the Shortcut and look for the line that contains the following:
    (Or something similar)
    “C:\Games\Warcraft III_retail_\x86_64\Warcraft III.exe”
  4. Change the line to:
    “C:\Games\Warcraft III_retail_\x86_64\Warcraft III.exe” -launch
    (Must include the quotes, -launch should be outside of the quotes.
  5. Click on Advanced, and select “Run as Administrator”

Drag this shortcut to your desktop, and click on it - every time you do so you avoid the Battlenet app and you have have to manually log in. You can play the campaign even though it gives you an error. You can not play online. Not sure if you can play local network games or single player games.

Blizzard this is not a fix but since you are slow at providing one for us this will help people who use the game to relieve stress like myself.

1 Like

Hi.
I have the same problem.
No error message but the game don’t start.
I have reinstalled two times.
Please help.

2 Likes

Hi Bizzard technical support, I have classic war3 cdkey installed. Do I need to buy reforged now to play ?! I don’t have any error message, the game just do not start when I click Play button. Re-installed the game and battle net.
I’m on windows 10.

1 Like