Warcraft 3 not accessible after refund

Again, since I had no reply even after sending a ticket, I would like to know what happened to my account after Refund.
I refunded the awful addition that is Reforged, NOT Warcraft 3, for which I had registered both CD keys to my account.
I am downloading Warcraft 3 client again.
I know, it’s 30Gb of WASTED space in my hard drive and honestly it is one of the most stupid and outrageous development decision I have ever seen. I hope I can delete most of that garbage after download.
I have no idea why this company is testing the patience of people that are usually kind, but this is getting really ridiculous.
Any solution?

2 Likes

WinterDryad,

There is no sign of Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos or The Frozen Throne ever being linked to this Battle.net account. You may have used this email address on the classic Battle.net system, but we’ve moved Warcraft III authentication fully over to Battle.net “2.0” now. To clarify, the old Battle.net is the one we used for all the classic games, but that system is dated and created a large number of issues with keeping CD keys secure and allowed a lot of exploitation. The new Battle.net is the one you use to log into the Battle.net Desktop Application.

In order to access the game you must have either Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos or Warcraft III: Reforged CD Keys on your Battle.net 2.0 account. Warcraft III: the Frozen Throne keys are no longer necessary and will no longer work for this purpose. You’ll note that you don’t have access to them here and that they don’t show in your purchase history either. If you were using old keys from CDs, you should claim them here.

Your best bet is going to be contacting support to find the correct account. I know you already have a ticket in (which you can update with the information in this post if you’d like help via that ticket) but the links above are primarily for other players who may end up in a similar situation.

Did you move the authentication to Battlenet 2.0 with Reforge?
Because before that I was able to log in to Battlenet just fine, having registered both keys with my account. I only have 1 account, so there can be no mistake.
They probably don’t show because I bought them almost 20 years ago.
I don’t have my keys with me, as I have stated in the ticket, they are 2000km away from where I am. So, what can I do now for claiming them again?
There should be almost 7000 records of games played by this same account, with the same RoC and TFT keys in the last 18 years.
Question:
Is it possible that Reforged didn’t work just because you have not been able to update my Battlenet account?
Thank anyway for the suggestions. I’ll try what I can do…

WinterDryad,

Correct, the official move to the new authentication occurred with Warcraft: Reforged to close off those vulnerabilities. If you get access to those keys and they have not been claimed on a different Battle.net 2.0 account already, you should be able to link them to this email address and log back in as intended. Otherwise, the keys are treated as bound to whatever email address they’re attached to now.

1 Like

Naaa, even if I’m bound to my old ones… at most I can try to find a backup of my wc3 folder somewhere and extract them. Or just find a way to get them from far far away…

I’m glad you solved some vulnerability issues, I’m just wondering why they should be bound to a graphical update, but anyway, thanks for the confirmation. I’ll try to get my keys again.