War3 reforged immediately minimizes

Using AMD Ryzen 7 and Radeon graphics.
Got it installed, play thru the launcher, it runs and immediately goes thru 3 different resizes and then auto-minimizes. Trying to select it in the taskbar brings it up temporarily, but it minimizes itself again.
Going thru Common Technical Issues doesn’t help. I’m already good there. Looked at other forum posts that were relevant and no help either.

Hey there Fragg,

That is odd that the game is minimizing itself and not letting you actually play. It makes me think the settings are not liked by the game, a driver is causing a problem, or a program is interfering.

I’d like to see if we can force the game to run in a window. That’s done through the Battle.net application:

1. Select Warcraft III on the Battle.net app
  2. Next to the PLAY button, click Options and select Game Settings
  3. Under the Warcraft III section check the box for “Additional command line arguments”
  4. In the new box type in: -windowmode windowed
  5. Click Done

I’m not sure if you tried already, yet if the above doesn’t help, let’s check for background programs.

I’m hoping that gets the game running for you, yet if it doesn’t, can you provide a DxDiag file please? Just copy and paste the text file created and paste it between two ~~~ like so:

DxDiag Here

If you have issues pasting here, use Pastebin and post the end of the link. (ie. 123456 for pastebin.com/123456)

hey! im having a similar problem, and could get no help

my war3 reforged keeps crashing, closing the window of the game, but battlenet remains ok

i’ve already double checked drivers, background apps, reinstall the game, etc

the important information: until 06/12/2021, before one scheduled maintenance, for 07/12/2021, the game was running with max options all fine

How to start a thread?