Want to play Custom campaigns or watch old replays?

With this video tutorial you can revert reforged and install previous version of the game any patch and then you can enjoy playing custom campaigns or watching old replays :slight_smile:

Nothing really new. Uninstall one, install the other, patch it to what ever you want. I do it from the original disks and then run the patch itself. No assistants needed.

You can even have both installed at the same time if you separate their directories.

1 Like

yes but not everyone has old cd-roms and today’s laptops doesn’t even have a damn cd-rom …

1 Like

Thankfully those are rather cheap to find as external hardware that plug into USB ports.

But that’s only if you have an original disk somehow, somewhere. Otherwise you’re better off downloading the 1.27 version like another thread suggests.

The original games are still downloadable from Bliz and they’re already patched up to 1.27.

I wish I haven’t lost my old discs. I’ve got only RoC disc in TFT box. :smiley: However I registered cd-keys long ago, so it’s not an issue. I only wish I had it for sentiment. I still have got original release boxes of SC and SC:BW. Just to look at it from time to time.

I have blizz account with registered cd-keys, but the downloader is just reforged version not classic. Those old installers are gone for good. You have Warcraft-III-Setup.exe doesn’t matter if you trying to download Reign of Chaos or The Frozen Throne. The moment you start the exe it will launch blizzard app and then it will continue to install the huge files that Reforged have

1 Like

The original game is still available from Bliz. Here’s a post from right after the game was released. The download is already v1.27.

No ISO apps or assistant apps needed. Download and run and done.

That might be true, but it’s 1.27. Assistant is needed if I want to watch old replays which I need previous patches and maps. That’s why I prefer to install from v1.07 and then go to any patch I want because old replays are not possible to watch. I guess it’s a player choice which option they want to use.

1 Like

What does that assitant do specifically that allows old replays to run? It looks like it just applies a patch, and it’s the version that determines repay functionality.

Yes so If I played 8 years a go a good custom game or ladder game I can simply download the map and bring the patch back and I can be able to watch and record the game because it’s part of my gaming life.

I call it a Nostalgia. With 1.27a I can’t because it came in 14.03.2016 (https://liquipedia.net/warcraft/Patch_1.27a) so I can’t watch old replays unless I revert the patch version. Simply because I played my best games from 2006 to 2009 and I just to remember good old days when we used to play 8-9 hours per day having every single night clan wars in custom games. Then I’m able to read funny chat and experience those days one more time.

Today no one willing to wait and back in a days we use to wait a lot and having 5-10 games of the same map and everyone was waiting for a slot to play. That’s how good it was. I just want to watch old battles. It’s like album of pictures when you grow old you want remember those days because they are part of your life.

Fair enough!

1 Like

They are how so?

How? Bliz hosts them.

If you mean where, see here.