Upgrade for Undeads haunted-goldmine?

What would people think about giving a buff to Undead goldmines?

What if Undead had an upgrade that gives Acolytes anti-magic shield?

The upgrade effects a maximum of 5 acolytes per goldmine, and only while the Acolytes harvest gold (not while walking, repairing, or standing still etc.) I dont think any mana or cool-down timers are necessary? acos are still vulnerable to attacks, they are just magic immune when mining gold.

The upgrade requires Tier 2 Halls of the Dead, probably costs about 175g maybe 100w, and is purchased similar to ziggurat upgrades (meaning every haunted goldmine requires its own upgrade) so two gold mines require separate upgrades, so players can choose to only upgrade one at a time.

I don’t know if its possible to perform the upgrade without preventing acos from harvesting, so maybe the upgrade duration might be very short (like 5sec). Or if its possible for the acos to continue mining gold while the upgrade occurs, then it could have a 30sec upgrade duration.

It should not be purchased from any other building, and it should not be a one-time purchase, because selling an upgraded haunted goldmine should result in additional refunds, and destroying a goldmine should include destroying the upgrade.

So maybe the upgrade could also include a slight armor boost for the building itself?

I’ll call it: the “Phantom Goldmine” upgrade

Would this buff be helpful, overpowered, or useless? Or would it make more sense to create an upgrade giving Acolytes the actual ability to cast AMS on themselves, with mana and cooldown timers?

2 Likes

no.

every race has a uniqe mining method with their pros and cons.

elf: hide the wisp in the mine - but have to construct an entangled gold mine. wisp also hidden when constructing buildings but lost if ancients are destroyed before cancel.

human - exposed peasants while mining gold - but can leave buildings to finish later - can fast build for a cost with multiple workers.

orc - exposed peon while mining gold - hidden inside building while constructing - does not lose the peon if building is destroyed before cancel - also the bulkiest of all the workers.

undead - exposed acolyte while mining gold - must haunt the gold mine to harvest - but does not require a town hall to collect it - summons buildings which construct themselves instead of having to build it. second bulkiest worker of all if on blighted ground (requires more hits with a keeper + entangle than a peon when on blight).

racial identity dude. there’s pros and cons to everything in this game. stop trying to make it seem like the smallest things are underpowered.

a lot of people disagree with you if you read reddit

yeah there’s also a lot of people that disagree in that thread too. what’s your point?

for crying out loud you’re asking for buffs to MINING METHODS. really dude?

EDIT: ps, pros are complaining that orc is too strong btw. i’d take their word over some reddit crybaby.

Like I said in the other thread where you were disrespectful, I said you can disagree thats fine but you dont have to be so rude. No point in talking more with you. many people know me I’m in several clans and help train many new players, and I’m not trying to say I’m pro or trying to rebalance the game, just trying to throw some smaller ideas out there for conversation …so thanks and glhf bro

4 Likes

sensetive much? just cuz someone disagrees with your low level opinion doesn’t mean anyone is being disrespectful. new-wave gamers can’t even have a conversation without crying…christ.

anyway, i don’t really care about your guide or whatever, i play at top 20 level on ladder with 1100+ games and a 90% win rate. i’ve played at a high level since this game was out for beta testing in 2002…so if your guide is advising people that we need a buff to haunted gold mines, i’m gonna say your guide isn’t a high quality one in my opinion.

gl hf bro.