Units do not open mouth

Maybe I’m not new with this, but on every stream I’ve seen upon today I saw the same picture: units are talking, but they do not open mouth! In WC3 they all did. Will someone ever fix this? :slight_smile:

Yeah they’ve already fixed some. All the others will be done at some point before release.

Which ones actually have mouths working?

The units are too depressed to open their mouths because their world still looks like garbage.

6 Likes

This is because in China, people are not allowed to up speak about anything negative. Or in other words, they arnt allowed to “open their mouths” Blizzard is just trying to keep up with Chinese politics.

1 Like

All human units moves their mouth.
Some UD units too

1 Like

I was gonna log in to test which units have it working but I can’t log in for some reason at the moment.

1 Like

UD, Orc and Human did move their mouths before the Night Elf patch. It wasnt good but they did kinda move and felt more alive. But after the Night Elf patch was release no one move their mouths anymore kinda wierd :slight_smile:

Just tested it yeah they removed it this patch it seems. It was bad when it was in they’re probably working on it.

1 Like

Its 2024 and this bug is still present. If you reload or move onto the next campaign, it breaks until you restart the whole game’s exe.

Jesus christ blizzard…

You must be new.

Reforged’s development history was a catastrophe which was primarily caused by the sudden elimination of a entire department of the company which included WC3R’s development team. Meaning, it had to be rushed out before they were laid off. Majorly rushed.

Several years later, a different, unrelated team, who had to split WC3R with their own priorities, did their best to at least get things in a mostly functional state, which they did. However, that didn’t include every little minor, zero impact bug that was left behind. In other words, you’d better make peace with it, it’s very unlikely it’s going anywhere.

So yeah, your “Jesus christ blizzard” says two things about you. First, you don’t understand even the underlying basics of the mess and pseudo-recovery of the game’s development. And second, how awesome your life must be if a video game portrait that doesn’t move it’s mouth elicits “Jesus christ Blizzard” out of you. Wanna trade? I’ll take a life where that’s considered a problem any day.

1 Like

Well thanks for the information and all but I bought a AAA game so I expected as such to function like one. Blizzard can still at any time patch this with an update. Anytime now blizz.

No, the company is AAA, not the games. No company, including an AAA, maintains every game they ever made forever.

D1, D2LoD, WC1, WC2, SCR and SC2 are all from an AAA company too. All of which are still available to buy. However, they are available “as is” because they are retired and/or dead bottom of the priority list.

At some point, all games by all studios, even AAA, will reach an end of life stage where development is deprioritized or ended altogether. It’s an inevitable fate as they are left behind for the newer products.

So, don’t get your hopes up over your explitive inducing mouth movements.

1 Like

The industry term “AAA” or “AA” or whatever refers to the BUDGET spent on a game. It is not in any way an indicator of quality or effort.

War3Reforged didn’t have that much of a budget from the beginning, and much of that money was taken away when Activision for whatever decided the project wasn’t worth it anymore (or something like that). So no, War3 is not and was never a “AAA” game.

Companies are not AAA AA A whatever. Again. These designations refer to how much money was spent on a project- It has NOTHING to do with quality or reputation.

1 Like