Units causing Desyncs

Hello everyone!

Since this is the Bug Report forum I’d like to share something with you and especially Wc3 Reforged Bug Fixing Crew!

A while ago I created a map, am patching it and working on it regularly and I am also trying to fix desync issues. Yes I could handle many yet so far but right now one is making me pretty upset.

It happens when a certain unit attacks someone. The moment this special unit attacks, it crashes the game for everyone. No “desync detcted” - just everyone lands in the game-finished screen.
No, this unit is not trigger bound.
No, this unit has no faulty abilities.
Yes, this unit has correct damage values and targets.
No, this unit has no custom model.
Sometimes it does not disconnect everyone.
Game Repair helped in some cases but you can not expect everyone to repair their game.
Yes I recreated the unit from scratch a couple of times. Just started happening again at different enemy targets. It is not always the same.

So. Just wanted to let you guys know… if someone is having issues with his/hers map or if you are playing something special and it crashes like this, you might try to work around it by not having that unit.

This is extremly upsetting. Can’t describe it in other words, it just discouraging.

Developers - if you are reading this: Please try to give us either a working Debugger for us or desync / crash logs that are readable :confused: Figuring out what the checksum values in the desync.txt mean is pretty hard.

2 Likes

Try posting a demonstration map with this issue. For example a map with just the desync prone unit on it and verify it still causes desyncs.

That is not a crash. A crash would boot you to desktop. Check the error logs in documents and it will likely say the cause was a desync.

It’s a shame blueposts doesn’t address this…

Thanks for the replies!
In the meanwhile I was trying to narrow the problem down by various means. To keep it simple I did make a map with the three faulty unit entities, however to reproduce this desync there’s one way known to me. You have to play the TD Map I made with (to be sure) 6 players and make one of the faulty Buildings. Then it will most likely desync ( I think that if everyone has freshly started Wc3:R that it won’t happen but haven’t tested that out yet). After that you can load the test map and you will get desyncs aswell.
I only used wc3mapoptimizer on it but no widgeting. The testmap however is free of everything.

Here are both links: https:// gofile (dot) io/?c=Gc7Kij

Did you figure out the issue? I am having the same problem

Unfortunately I haven’t.

my desync issues have gone down 99% lately. your map might simply be too complex. since you know what is causing the desync you should probably stop using that unit.

what is the unit model? if the unit has abilities what are they? can you unit attack? ect…
and yeah i would throw a test map out here.