Ummm I cant even play yall

wtf is this? I open my game and get an error message? Is anybody else getting this? What do I do? Bnet launcher and Classic launcher both dont work.

I bought this game 16 years ago and would like to play, thank you.

6 Likes

Welcome to refunded and modern blizzard. Enjoy your stay

9 Likes

And this isn’t even the best !
The main menu has a chrome app that requires a higher CPU than in the recommended specs !

4 Likes

Alright so no solution to my problem? Cause I still can not play.

I do not own reforged, but I own classic so I should be able to play

4 Likes

Where’s the defenders of this game at?

We’re waiting.

You, yes you reading this, you who usually posts nonsense defending this game. Post here.

4 Likes

Any gaming CPU works. Such as the low end Ryzen 5 3600.

That said I suspect the menu background may be a pre-rendered cutscene which would explain the CPU usage, especially if no hardware decode is used.

Please confirm you have a RoC CD key attached to your BattleNet account. This is needed to authenticate into game now that the CD keys are no longer stored locally.

If you do not have one attached the game throws some nonsense non-descript error. This is the usual reason people cannot play 1.32 and later with classic.

2 Likes

No my wacraft 3 is not attached to my Bnet account. I have owned the game before Bnet was ever a thing. I own wacraft 3 and would like to play it, so how do I do that. Thank you again.

What error message are you getting? No one can help you if you don’t describe the problem.

You can use this to get setup.

Maybe your cd-keys for ROC is not attached to your battle.net account. You need to redeem the cd-keys in your account settings.

For me when I try to claim my old ROC cd key, I get the error that this cd key has already been claimed. This is how Blizzard scam a large amount of people into buying the game again.

ERROR

There was an error in handling the request.

You need to download RoC from the blizzard Site, however it has to be the one that says public testing to play classic and it’s 3gb download requirement, past updated June of 2019 I think

That just means you need to link your Reign of Chaos game key to your Battlenet account. See the thread I linked above on how to do that.

Apparently from what I can tell this error is a result of a CD-Key issue.

Try this, and if it doesn’t work, contact support through official channels (live-chat would be best).

1. Go to your account management page
  2. Click on the Games & Subscriptions button on the left side of the page.
  3. Scroll to the bottom, you should see under ‘Classic Games’ a list of all your classic games tied to your account along with their CD-Keys. Copy those keys to a text document (if you can’t see the keys there you’ll need the original boxes for both games).
  4. Once you have the keys, go back to the Account Overview page and paste the keys (or type them in if you’re getting them from the box) into the ‘Redeem a Code’ box, and press enter. Assuming the keys are legitimate, they should redeem properly and then you’ll be able to play Reforged.

Ok I will try ina bit

WHY ON EARTH WILL BLIZZARD NOT MENTION THIS IN THE ERROR MESSAGE.

“ERROR, YOU DO NOT HAVE A VALID CD KEY LINKED!”

ITS NOT THAT DARN HARD!

I had the same problem, just went through the steps, the game works now.

OMFG!

I have been waiting for ages to play because I thought it was just a stupid blizzard glitch and was waiting for them to patch it.

Lmfao, yaa I just fixxed it myself too.

I wonder how many people have tried to open their game and thought the exact same thing we did. Prolly tons of people not able to play but dont check these forums.