Tired about new race

But Muradin is a Bronzebeard.

i dont understand why people turn crazy about small things in this forum

1st Warcraft 3 have great story based on WC1,2 and that story contunie in WoW so WC3 have Lore

2nd if you not interesting in Warcraft “Franchise” Lore you can ignor it no one force you to comment on things you not interesting about it

i just want to ask one thing and then ill stop complaining about wow…

how much have you actually played of the original wc1 or wc2? and how much have you played of wc3?

i mean actually played, not just read about or seen

1 Like

yeh i know that what i mean the Dwarves have relation to the Thunder but the Wildhammer clan is more tribal and spirital compared to the ironforge dwarves

and we see the Dark iron dwarves have relation to the Fire and they Warship Ragnaros (the fire lord)

As Yrel said, “just you” - well, not you, I mean wc3tutor. Stop talking to him, he’s literally a literal troll.

True. But then, was it the environment or the genes that made them so?

1 Like

did not play the 1st and i try to played after WC3 but the gameplay was very bad
i finish WC2 ToD + BtDP (best game for me)
WC3 RoC + TFT
WoW late Classic to WotLK

did not play so much PVP

well at least you acknowledge that wc1 is a crappy game :slight_smile:

wc2 is very fun (more so for multiplayer though) but i never found the story of wc2 all that engaging, i suppose its bcuz i played it many years ago and dont have all the background from WoW to help fill my imagination, im surprised you like wc2 better than 3 since 2 doesnt have heroes?

but yea wc3 is still popular after 17 years cuz of multiplayer, i wonder how many of the WoW fans will still be playing a year or 2 from now…

2 Likes

but Darkiron dwarves warship Ragnaros so this confirm they are Shamanistic because like all the shamans they call the Elements to aid them in battle so they comunicate with the elements

the problem of WC2 ToD lore that they use 2 story like they did in WC1 if you ply orcs orcs win the war if you play humans they win the war

but BtDP give every faction it own story and like you said the lore from WoW WC3 and books make it make sence

for me WC2 story is more like GoT (song of Ice and Fire)

1 Like

yup thats why when wc3 released i never had any interest in the history, i mean wc3 has a much better story than wc2 imo, but if a story starts out with retcons from the very beginning it causes me to lose interest very quickly

thats why I always stood by LotR as the definitive origin of fantasy, especially since it inspired games like D&D and Warhammer

1 Like

You could sum down night elves 3 groups as night elf women, night elf men, and mythical nature.

I ponder how can the legion be reduced so simply. By command structure? By classification?

i prefare WC2 Story because it feel more like World War but i agree that WC3 story is much better then every other Warcraft game story

Arthas story arc alone is Amazing

arthas story is the only story i find even slightly interesting in all of wc lol

but i wouldnt say its quite as good as some other games like zelda, resident evil, gta, red dead, i could go on and on

and it certainly doesnt hold a candle to LotR

I prefer WC3 story (not any other WC thing) over LOTR and it is the only thing I value over LOTR storywise(in the fantasy genre)

1 Like

eh I just like how Arthas says “This city must be purged” then joins the dark side lol

or… “As your future king, I order you to purge this city” or however he says it :stuck_out_tongue:

then he kills his father, such an evil character and a great origin to an awesome villain

because Arthas have good reasons to become what he become but that dont mean he was good guy he did betray his soldiers and the merceneries even before he take frostmourne

and for me he have better story then Star Wars Anakin Skywalker who become Darth Vader

again i did not read LotR Books but i watched the movies they are great but unlike WC its very White and Black there is no grey points in the story

orcs and monsters are the bad guys / humans elves and dwarves mostly are the good guys

Warcraft for me is more like GoT, there is no main character, everyone can die any moment everyone have good reason to fight and do what he did

2 Likes

i would much prefer playing WoW over watching Starwars, I cant make it through a single star wars movie :frowning:

yea I know, a lot of people complain about that, but to me I just look at it as being the ORIGIN of modern fantasy, which is why i consider it so important. Its might not be perfect, it might not be as exciting as something like Breaking Bad, but without LotR we wouldnt have D&D or Warhammer and probably not WC or WoW either

plus I just love the attention to detail put into both the books and the movies, people trash on the Hobbit movies but Peter Jackson was working under immense pressure from the studios :frowning:

I read all the Tolkien’s work and that is the downside of LOTR yes, thus I agree though give Hurin’s Children a read.

Arthas decide to purge Stratholme because all the people i the city gonna turn to undead and they will join the army of the lich King and kill more people

so he had no choice,
and after he kill many innocent people he start to turn crazy and at that moment the only thing he wanted to do is to avange the people he kill by killing Mal’ganis

after he take Frostmourne the Lich King start to whisper in his head and he can’t control it so he join the undead armies (Frostmourne is like the Ring in LotR)

and from hat moment he follow the orders of the lich King

1 Like

i know the story of wc3 very well, not sure why you felt the need to explain it to me. I just dont find it that engaging, sorry

if I want a complex story that blurs the line between good and evil, Ill watch Breaking Bad

If i want an epic fantasy with amazing world building Ill watch/read LotR

If I want to play a competitive game of high skill I play WC3 (or maybe Smash bros)

If I want to play a casual game with exploration Ill find one of thousands of great single player games, but I stay far away from subscription based MMOs