Thoughts on the Thrall model 🧐

From what we know so far for Reforged, Blizzard is not going to remake the game’s cinematics except for the introduction one that was already shown in Blizzcon last year; but they will improve its quality.

Knowing this, it is expected that, at the end of the RoC Orc campaign (Reforged), this cinematic will be shown, but with better quality:

The cinematic Thrall and the Warcraft III model, despite their limitations, have quite a correlation:

So in Reforged, it’s going to be a bit weird for Thrall to wear this armor and that hairstyle in the cinematic, but the model we play with is so different:

6 Likes

Look at how Footmen look in the original WC3 cinematics, and look at how they look in WC3. There’s a massive amount of suspension of disbelief involved, even when it comes to Heroes.

Even Illidan looks way different in game than he does in the cinematic. His ingame model has gold rings around his horns, his pants have a lot more design and coloring to them, his wings are very tattered while there are only slight rips in the cinematic.

4 Likes

In my opinion in the cinematic (except for some details that you have indicated) they are almost identical, it couldn’t be compared with what would happen with Thrall…

But yes, I suppose they won’t mind another detour to the list :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

I always found it a bit irritating the way some characters look in the cinematics and ingame.Archimonde and Mannoroth being the prime example.In the cinematics Archimonde doesnt have robes and looks younger, ingame its the opposite. Mannoroth doesnt have a beard and has flames coming out of his head, eyes and mouth like a furnace. Critics at the time said that Blizz didnt do much in the model quality department as they should have. In response Blizz said it was like that because they didnt know how succesful the game would be. I agree that there should be some consistancy but in a way that the models look as much as they can like they do in the cinematics.

3 Likes

Well we dont really know exacly how much they will be updating the cinematics, they coudl very well change thralls model to match up, just have to wait and see I guess

They’re upressing it, not changing the actual content. It’s been stated before that the Reforged Teaser was a one-off, and they don’t have plans (at time of interview) to remake any of the other cinematics.

1 Like

And what is wrong with “different”? It’s a remake, it would be to borring if the game is copy/paste of the classic in arts as well. If they wouldn’t patch-ul to modern gameplay with it’s balancing, no recut the campaign and no new different art style the game would happen like AoE:DE, they remaster the game everything the same and the game it give a good nostalgia feeling but it’s borring!

Pleople cry for to much diferences, really there is the classic version if you are agaist for new things like that play classic! What would be the reason to remake the game if ppl cry for they classic, play it!

1 Like

So, there are WC3 SD, WC3 Re and WC3 cinematic.

The WC3 cinematic Thrall has a mohawk, WC3 SD has normal hair, WC3 Re has a braid.

The WC3 SD Thrall has weird black pauldrons, WC3 cinematic has pauldrons with two different parts each and buttons, WC3 Re has the same as the cinematic but also spikes.

1 Like

I just think that bit of armor on the wolves head looks horrible, it looks cool otherwise.

3 Likes

Dude, relax, you are taking it too personal.

If you have personal problems you shouldn’t come here to the forum, and charge against me.

You are lying, putting words in my mouth that I haven’t said and also being very aggressive.

When you’re calm call me and we discuss as civilized and adult people, no problem.

:+1:t3:

1 Like

I don’t see where MrNonsense is taking it too personal.

Then look better :eyes:

1 Like

A point of privilege, guys, can you please stop using emojis? I have a rare condition and it’s triggering my response.

Maybe he is not talking personal but he is talking Nonsense for sure

1 Like

You’re right, he always finds a way to do it :blush:

1 Like

I hate the Thrall model because it is from hots and hots style gives me diarrhea.

2 Likes

The HotS style is literally WC3.

2 Likes

New Thrall model looks absolutely amazing! Keep up the good work boyes and gals. :slight_smile:

1 Like

No. It is like wc3 parody style. The actual wc3 style is like antonidas pic.

1 Like

The tears, they please me so

1 Like