THORZAIN VS MOON DCed 2 times during DreamHack

Blizzard how long are you going to pretend everything is fine?

https://clips.twitch.tv/CuriousHeartlessVultureResidentSleeper 2nd
https://clips.twitch.tv/SwissSmellyTirePRChase 1st dc

41 Likes

yeah, I’m watching it now. I can’t believe this. how will this tournament keep going like this? It makes everything unfair. For a tournament, your game MUST run perfectly.

19 Likes

I’m watching too. I’ve actually been a defender of Reforged in most instances but this is just inexcusable. It has to function for the pro scene to drive interest. They’re actively killing the best game ever. How they couldn’t make the net code as good as it was 17 years ago is beyond me.

33 Likes

and… NO reaction from “Blizzard”, NO new patches, NO fixes…

33 Likes

Poor players… That’s so amateurish from Blizzard.

17 Likes

just because some of us hadnt the experience they wanted, there isnt anything wrong. Kappa

7 Likes

They switched to Classic xD
What a fail for Blizzard !

22 Likes

Clown fiesta at Dreamhack

FIX THE GAME ALREADY

10 Likes

lol - they went back to classic

20 Likes

It is hilarious how the flagship tourney for reforged is so beyond terrible in terms of technical aspect that they are using the TFT client. Like Citroen uses a Volkswagen to promote their own car.

Two desyncs. Screws Torzain bad. And this is not the first tournament where they had to use the TFT client to play. Lmao.

Gather some friends, go to a nice pub, drink some beers, brainstorm about what can possibly all go wrong with a game. The next day, cry in laughter when you compare how much worse the actual list is compared to the one you all made up freestyling.

6 Likes

One might think you’re joking. But it’s actually the reality of reforged and even much worse than that. Sad. This is sad, man…

4 Likes

Are the players using reforged graphics or classic? I know the spec is using reforged, but is it forced for all? I wonder if the desync issues are related to the cross-play between the two graphical modes.

2 Likes

Sure the players are using classic. Reforged is unplayable at high level (little problems of hitboxes, units recognizability and feedback animations).

3 Likes

This is beyond embarrassing for Blizzard. I feel for Thorzain, he was robbed big time.

10 Likes

Afaik no professional streamer use graphics settings. It is too much of a disadvantage. But in theory; a player and observer can freely pick the graphics they want to use.

Desyncs simply happen due to poor coding it seems. At this stage, for the naked eye, these are pretty much random. Although some theories go round that for example bridges in maps are desync triggers. But how holistic this theory is, or even remotely valid, I cannot say.

Blizzard should cut Thorzain a check.

2 Likes

Ok this was really insane. Total disaster!

3 Likes

It will certainly stay in history as the worst WC3 event from a technical standpoint. :neutral_face:

7 Likes

Dont worry guys, they will patch aggressively !

22 Likes

Camon crowd, tournament is fine, it’s not blizzard’s fault if you didn’t get expected experience. Don’t you have a phone?

8 Likes