This is the best thing ever

Man, the hours I spent playing war3 back in early 2000s. The strategies and the maps offered so many possibilities, the first implementation of heroes in an RTS game which IMO made warcraft RTS genre one of the best not to mention the supply limit and upkeep which meant decisions had so much weight. Custom games gave creative minds a way to offer even more and so many other genres of games came out of it. Polished tower defense, RPG style RTS, footmen frenzy… oh and the entire MOBA genre.

Then came TFT, which added even more depth to the game. What a time it was to game with strangers and friends. I then moved on to WoW and had on and off stints of gaming periods. I recall twice between 2005 and 2018 when I actually loaded up TFT again to play the game that hooked me initially. When Blizz announced Reforged last year, it did not take me long to click the pre-purchase button.

Now I was invited to the Beta along with many others a few weeks ago and have almost completely stopped touching WoW. All the time I can use for gaming I have been on Reforged Beta. This game was so great, and is STILL so great.

Last night they added NE to play test, I already played a bunch of FFAs (my fav game mode) to try em out. Most visual feedback which I agree with have already been outlined in other posts (except the people complaining about female DH, I think it is great that we will have different gender options for heroes).

All this to say that I have been having a blast lately and will hopefully continue to do so as the game gets more and more polished and eventually released. I can’t wait to see what the creative minds of this community will build next in the World Editor, I can’t wait to play 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, 4v4 and FFAs. Holy crap this is the best thing ever.

When Classic WoW launched, so many people had that “finally, we are going home” moment. Well for me it is definately Warcraft 3 Reforged, after more than a decade in the MMORPG world, I can say that RTS is what made me fall in love with gaming and that with War3 coming out like this again, I am finally going back home :slight_smile: (shout out to starcraft 1, brood wars and warcraft 2 which paved the way). Geez… what a nostalgic post, who would of thought watching my big bro play warcraft 1 would lead to this!

Thanks blizz!

22 Likes

I’ve unfortunately not been able to play as much as i want bc of work but it’s the same for me. I’ve missed this game so much and im so glad this time arround i have friends who can join me for it :smiley:

2 Likes

I love the fact that you were able to put words on everything I’ve been feeling for the past 3 weeks.

1 Like

Damano, I am right there with you man. WC3 was such a major game for me back in the day, spending countless hours playing matches with my buds in multiplayer.

I am really happy that it is getting a face lift so-to-speak. No doubt it will pick up steam again and make it more mainstream as it once was. So far it is looking awesome and I am enjoying every moment of it. They are still working on bugs, but that’s the nature of the beast.

Ignore the toxic kids. They can’t stand the sight of people not agreeing with them and actually enjoying something. Typical childish behavior.

2 Likes

For real, I checked and there are still tournaments of the classic warcraft 3 even to this day, watching some of the games only gets me more pumped. The players are older and wiser and overall more professional. I was never one to watch e-sports but I have to say Grubby has very good insight of the game and is quite adept at expressing himself. Not only him but other casters and players who obviously used to play the original game in their teens like many of us!

Grubby and Moon are by far my favorite players. Yes, much older and with a different perspective on the game and everything else overall. Grubby’s stream too, I really enjoy the commentary and he always brings up valid points.

I will look for you on the battlefield! GLHF!

1 Like

I dont know how to feel about this, i used to hate/love warcraft 3.
on the other hand some of the feelings i had sometimes was definitely one of a kind. like playing some bank tower defence 1v1 against my bro in the wintern.

but then some moments when i realized its not going to lead nowhere when i eventually stopped grinding the ladder for small rewards and quitting up the dreams of being gosu player.

so i dont know what is there left for me to there.

i just want to publish my custom maps since i have used the editor so long and i have not a single time publish any maps for multiplayer that i would think would be finished map.

i am pretty sure i can offer this time something u have not seen before, but i also feel pressures of failing.

1 Like

Back2Warcraft is also a great stream if you want to see top level play and quality commentary.

1 Like

yes I’ve discovered their channel, the content is pretty good

heroes in an rts is not new. i am not sure what game it was that was first but, kingdom under fire was released before warcraft 3 i believe.

Graphics looks like **** though