This is how you should respond to us Blizzard

Do me a favor google resident evil 1.5, fun fact though, resident evil 2 was going to have features that are in later games, for instance RE3s dodge system, dino crisis’ fire as you move, re4s quick knife play, dino crisis 2s armor stages. All of this was featured in the E3 footage and the game was basically done, the game was still being advertised by that same footage until they remade the game from scratch.

Another fun fact: resident evil 1.5 still exists in the world.

As for the footage, last i checked they never advertised the game with the cinematic cutscenes. All of that was E3 gameplay footage.

Before release:

“Lie” is a buzzword that just sounds menacing which people are attempting to apply to a situation where nothing was ever set in stone.

• The portion of the new content that was cut, they publicly announced.
  • The parts of the game that were cut without warning, they never said anything about.
  • Can’t apply “lie” to bugs. They aren’t intentional, and they never said it would be in a perfect state.

After release:
For Jebus’ sake… take the info on the website down. That can be definitely construed as a lie.

They are doing that this very moment on the game’s official site, for Thrall’s sake

Not sure how you came to that conclusion. I, like others have pointed out since, there’s no universal edict that says during development all changes in plan need to be reported to the customer. Sure, if it’s agreed upon, but certainly not if it isn’t.

Sure. People willfully make decisions all the time that turn out to be mistakes.

Guess what, they still never lied about improved cutscenes, just because you never got cinematic cutscenes doesn’t mean its a lie. Tell me how many times did you seriously plan to play the campaign? Once? 5 times? 10? 100? 10,000?

Okay, I guess I’ll have to do this and elaborate on what you obviously already know since I doubt you are actually stupid to think that I wanted every single change listed.

Their duty was to make it perfectly clear what the cutscenes are going to look at and go into detail with that, since they went into detail with them at BlizzCon 2018; they needed to get across that what people will be getting will be nothing at all like BlizzCon 2018. They didn’t do it. In my opinion, intentionally so, to avoid backlash. In the end, they didn’t avoid the backlash, they merely delayed it, but doing that resulted in the backlash being way, way stronger that what it would’ve been if they were just upfront and honest.

Guess we have different perspectives on what constitues a mistake in this case.

Yes, it does. They advertise things that aren’t in the game. That is called lying. They are still lying at this very moment.

It doesn’t matter in the slightest how many times I’m going to play it. Be it once, twice or seven times, it’s not going to be the Reclowned version, I can tell you that for nothing.

who cares about how they respond, do you really just want some lipservice?

If you never intend to play it more than once then you have no right to complain about cinematic cutscenes that you will never see more than the one time.

Thats like me complaining about cod cutting a ‘promised’ gun that i had no intentions of using to begin with.

Nope, that’s not how it works. Even playing them once, I have the full right to complain about false advertisement.

Which is a valid thing to complain about because advertising features that aren’t in the game is… kind of bad? Not to mention, illegal.

I see what you are saying. I’ll rephrase. There’s no universal edict that says during development any changes in plan need to be reported to the customer. Sure, if it’s agreed upon, but certainly not if it isn’t. They didn’t have to say anything, but they did, albeit weakly, but did none-the-less when they weren’t required to

I guess so, but I think you’ll find the general consensus is that even intentional choices can be mistakes. For example, Have you ever heard the phase “You just made a big mistake” when someone willfully defies another? Another example, We’ve all intentionally lied at some point in our lives. But when caught in the lie, it can still be a mistake for having done so.

Negative consequences? It can be a mistake no matter why.

It’s not illegal, its misinformation, no one is disagreeing on the fact that they should fix their own page.

It’s called grow up, be an adult and move on, you’re no better than women who hold life long grudges against each other or teenage high school drama that all teen girls like to insert themselves into when it pertains to nothing with them.

Life is too god damn short, stop holding crap over peoples heads.

Yeah, I don’t think I am. So maybe “Nobody” is an exaggeration on my part, but if Blizzard really believed the majority wanted and/or expected the classic cut scenes then that is what would be on the game’s page to try and sell it. Period. There’s no ifs, ands, or buts about it. Anyone who believes otherwise is lying to themselves.

They never said majority. Just that there was “divisive feedback” from those that felt the nostalgia was lost. No matter what the ratio was, Pete overly stated that they didn’t like that idea either, so they changed the plans.

As for the web page, yes, it’s shady of them, especially post release, to leave that information up there, but that has nothing to do with why they cut it. That’s what I was addressing: your claim that what I said wasn’t true, that’s all.

Look, man. It doesn’t matter how they respond. They’ve been doing this for YEARS.
Their responses don’t carry any weight for those who’ve been around long enough or are well informed about their MO.

That would open them to be at fault and why would they do that, it is your fault for expecting more. If they had said remaster people would not even care. Like SC2 remastered, those that play that know know it was the same OLD game with nothning new added beside some comestic.

Reforge was said from day one at the announcement that it was NOT a remastered but a reforge, queue epic redoing of Opening WC3 cutscene. Queue ingame cutscene that oculd use polish. Even a new aweosme loading screen.

All your fault for expecting that.

You know for all of the info that blizzard gave or didn’t give. There was 1 lie BLIZZARD did lie on. When they released the game for beta, they stated the RELEASED VERSION was not going to be the BETA VERSION. Blizzard stated (blue post) that they had an internal build that would be the released version, not the beta…

What was the release??? The buggy Beta version in all of its glory!

The 2nd thing. Blizzard didn’t really state anywhere that the released version was going to be BUGGY and connection issues would be WORSE than Warcraft 3 had. When professional games are getting interrupted multiple times, every single game, then obviously there is a problem with the game. Prior to this garbage release there was little problem with connectivity for the scene. And blizzard wants to make money on the Esports scene with this? LOL!

Yeah Warcraft RF is a bad game. Warcraft 3 (original) was a good game, yes buggy yet was able to be enjoyed. I was never able to enjoy any game in reforged because I kept getting dropped for no real reason. Even the single player campaign. Yes I didn’t care about the new coat of paint they were going to do to the items/heroes/units. I didn’t care about the cutscenes. All I gave a crap about was the update to connectivity since war3 was designed around 56k internet and older computers. War3 RF did not fix anything that was IMPORTANT for many people like me. Gj blizzard…

So you want them to make more promises they can’t keep? They can’t say they will do 70-90% of this, and at least 10% they can’t say at all probably because PR won’t let them.

If you don’t find something worth debating about, why would you bring it up as an argument?

Age Of Empires II: Definitive Edition. If Microsoft can embarrass you by comparison, how badly do you suck now? 'Nuff said.