This game has the nastiest community in the universe

upvote this please

Some people here downvoted me when I proposed the same idea (just I called it black-list) telling me I want to get advantages to black list the best players to increase my MMR… Now I am glad that I am not the only one thinking this way!

I uploaded some video with that Message Flooder (causing screen to be full with white text - obscene message’s or “save Tatues” ).
I still did not figured out why he doing that ! Sometimes his team leave instead of my team :smiley:

The chat restrictions go beyond PvP. The game designed it as an actual language barrier, where you can see their chat but it’s gibberish because you don’t possess their language skill. It’s all probably changed since I played but I believe there were cases where you had to gain a language skill before you could communicate with an NPC faction. While this has the added benefit of limiting toxic behavior in PvP, it isn’t there just for PvP.

I have another question @Captain and blizzard:
for example in 4x4 we have an obscene named player (men’s …) that a lot of people reported for 2 reasons:

1. Bad Battle Tag - this is obvious - I saw lately he put some signs around his name but still keeping it eg. bars: |||name|||
  2. Worst is messege flooding on the entire screen, a lot of people instead of muting with !mute 3 (or what number is he) they choose to quit game. But this is not the solution.

Now my question: why Blizzard cannot do anything about it? Just get some evidence, than block multiplayer account (he will still be able to play campaigns) - and if he Sue in the worst case Blizzard will present those evidences in court.
I am talking about a very old issue, happening since years, (not that someone had a bad period) …

1 Like

It’s as simple as !mute #, or !mute playername. The only thing that’s ever changed is them removing the / commands and redoing them as ! ; albeit minor differences such as changes squelch to mute.

2 Likes

Pretty simple solution to this. Make merry with someone your skill level(in response to a later comment by you), or someone who you jived with in game. An effort is needed on your part to get someone to AT with.

2 Likes

well the answer is simple, they put in an automated system so they don’t have to moderate it. They just don’t care so all we will ever get is tools to control our own experience.

If you want to sue them, it’s an American company so… good luck.

The ability to disable chat at will is going to make it easier to silence spammers at least.

The problem is it’s hard to “make merry” with people when the bad matchmaking system always matches an obviously stronger team against a weaker one, so when you lose all the time because of stacked matches, it’s not easy to turn an ally into a partner- even the civilized ones who don’t complain or berate.

“Play AT” is not a solution anyway. People should be able to have a good experience regardless of the chosen mode.

Does it solve everything? No. But it would solve a portion of your grievances. Also, RT does not stack teams - It’s all random. I’ve lost count of the times I’m forced to carry three weaker players, and in 4v4 at that; Feels like 1v7, I swear.

I’ve also seen plenty of teams that aren’t good; Ill say again - Make an effort. Can be as simple as “AT after?”. Hell, with all the time you’ve spent the forum, why wouldn’t you start a thread looking for someone to team with?

Lastly, to stick to the original point of this thread, the community seems worse then it is because the bad ones stick out the most.

2 Likes

it does so nearly 100% of the time for me. Not random at all. See my thread on the subject:

It creates matches like the one in my example virtually every time unless an AT is involved. The lower your MMR is to start with, the worse it gets- essentially setting up a noob to fail even harder than they actually should be. Typically a matchmaking system, given 4 people, will pair the highest and lowest MMR on one team and the two middle ones on the other team (unless the matching is good enough that the MMRs are all very close to where the distinction becomes irrelevant)

I agree this once respectful community has become extremely toxic. There need to be better UI for muting players and banning them from being on your team.

I don’t feel like this game has the playerbase for the avoid as teammate feature from Overwatch to not be abuseable. Remember that excluding people from matching with you decreases the pool of players that can match (since everyone has access to the feature), and being able to avoid too many people means you can rig matches in your favor by avoiding lower skilled players. Overwatch limits you to avoiding a few people at a time to prevent it from being abuseable for ranking.

because of u noob

1 Like

You’re only helping to make my point with comments like that lol

1 Like

carry me ~

yep and blizzard really doesnt care, they havent done anything to try to fix the community but please the 1x1 scene, thats about it… give it up our game is through. rip

I’m not contributing to any toxicity? And I’m pretty sure the management at the grocery store I work at doesn’t care about the video games I play? Not that it’s any of your business…

So i came back after something like 10 years.
i make 7 games : -2 games were playable.
-2 games with freelosers…
-3 games bugged or i dont know (they were 5seconds and stop with quite all players leaving…)

On those 4 games not bugged 3 were full of toxicity (i mean mass insults).
GGHF

Only Thing to do is really either ignore them or leave right away and re que because the people doing this are going to make you loose the game anyway they spend more time raging then playing. there either mentally unstable or Iqs are tap water.

1 Like

Check the dates before you reply to threads. This post is from a year ago. they probably don’t even play anymore.

1 Like