There was an error in handling the request

There is a work around not sure if you can play local games or single player games with it but you can play offline and do the campaign.

1. Go to your Warcraft III folder.
  2. Make a shortcut of the Warcraft III.exe file
  3. Edit the Properties of the Shortcut and look for the line that contains the following:
    (Or something similar)
    “C:\Games\Warcraft III_retail_\x86_64\Warcraft III.exe”
  4. Change the line to:
    “C:\Games\Warcraft III_retail_\x86_64\Warcraft III.exe” -launch
    (Must include the quotes, -launch should be outside of the quotes.
  5. Click on Advanced, and select “Run as Administrator”

Drag this shortcut to your desktop, and click on it - every time you do so you avoid the Battlenet app and you have have to manually log in. You can play the campaign even though it gives you an error. You can not play online. Not sure if you can play local network games or single player games.

Blizzard this is not a fix but since you are slow at providing one for us this will help people who use the game to relieve stress like myself.

3 Likes

was about to buy reforged just to play. that wont fix it? i was just playing last night…

I am having the same issue. My account is not upgraded to reforged. Tried re-redeeming my ROC and TFT codes again but still getting the error

I’m having the same issue.

1 Like

same issue for me

I am expericning the same issue

has anyone heard back regarding when and how this can be fixed?

Comon Blizzard please! WC3 Classic is all I got left!

i have the same error, do smth pls, i ve payed money for 2 games wc3 classic and frozen throne… i dont want to buy reforged i dont like it…

it seems that classic users can’t play wc3 anymore.
But the user djord tells that he can play wc3 even though he is a classic user.
he says that he has not bought reforged.
he is playing now.

This will at least let you play solo…

This works! Also if you wanted to play custom games, you may need to go to C:\Users<your name>\Documents\Warcraft III Public Test\Maps\Download and add your maps from C:\Users<your name>\Documents\Warcraft III\Maps\Download if yours makes the game a public test version.

I just wan’t to say that wc3 was an amazing game from the beginning. Blizzard seems to be short on inspiration since. So since I am also having the same problem with the legacy version, and don’t have any other positive thing to write I’ll just pitch my vision for the next big Blizzard strategy game publication.

So the game is called: Epochs
Campaign set 100 years after the end of the campaigns in wc3 tft. A dimensional rift is breaking the skies, and into the primitive world of orcs demons and mages enters a star ship destroyer. Human cities are leveled, orcs are one the brink of annihilation and demons are scared. A dimensional war across time has broken, where the technology and greeds for artifact from the future, and the magic and principles of the past are clashing.

The secrets of magic are sought by old ETs, humans are visiting their past and trying to insure their survival for the future timeline. Demons have to work with other factions to imbue and strengthen their weapons, infernals are burning through from heaven, and it rains shells and ice crystals.

I know it has always been Blizzards dream to bind Warcraft and Star Craft together. I believe it is “time” *wink wink.

Thank you for reading my pitch. I have technical notes on my other computer if you want to hear more I can try to find them.

1 Like

Same issue here. Please fix it!!!

right from what i have found out so far looks like we all have to rebuy the game at $29.99 or$39.99 to play again

Don’t buy anything - they need to fix it.

2 Likes

yeah i know right it says i have reforged with my classic codes i been here since release day

i am so bored without my daily warcraft

1 Like

well going to work hopefully wc3 will be online when i get back…

1 Like

hahaha you better go start praying then and skip work