There was an error delivering your message to ** (7000)

I was in the lobby of a custom game I was hosting and while I was waiting for the game to fill, I was trying to start a chat with a friend on the Bnet Client, I was just sitting there when I was booted from the lobby I was hosting in, didn’t think much of it when it happened, because in the Bnet client I had gotten an error ! There was an error delivering your message to myfriend. (7000). I then went into the WC3 app, and tried to whisper to the same friend, it said something like you cannot whisper to that person you are not friends. I scrolled down my friends list and yes myfriend was no longer in my friends list.

I always do the obvious checks, I restarted the Bnet client, and thought that would fix it. It didn’t.

Now myfriend is MIA :confused:

Hey there,

So the most common cause of this error is either you, or the person(s) you are attempting to chat with have social functions disabled. Or one person person did indeed remove the other from their friend’s list.

In these cases it is best to check your account settings > Privacy and Communications tab on the website to ensure all of your social options are setup properly. If this is only happening with a specific friend, they would need to do the same on their account.

We do not have specific access to your friend’s list. We would also be unable to reachout to your friend on your behalf. If you are able to communicate with them outside of battlenet/gamechat, you both can each submit a ticket detailing the issue and mentioning each other’s full battletag(including numbers) and a support agent can look into this further for you both. Remember for privacy and security reasons, we won’t be able to assist unless we receive tickets from both of you.

If we can reconnect on the bnet client I will ask him to submit a ticket as well.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.