There is a desync log when you desync

I don’t know how useful it is, but it exists

(user folder)\documents\warcraft III\errors\(find the time you played the map)

It will be called desync.txt

3 Likes

Got it!

I’m a big time coder, I’ll try to see what can be done.

EDIT:

So, the beginning is just a Header to describe some stuff about the directory the game is stored in, and generally if it was Battle.Net or the Warcraft game itself. Typically a Network issue involves both.

Then, the actual Exception as they call it in programming, meaning a type of caught error.

Network desync on turn 01032 in game W3-ED358702-9ACE-E1C3-6F06-1F90B3F81801BEFEA6C5

There are a list of Checksums as they call them, which is a fingerprint for a file you can say. Usually they’re written in the MD5 language as a scrambled code.

War3 cheat checksum 00000000
War3 combat checksum 00000000
War3 unit checksum d6e932f7
War3 game checksum 04a84fdc
War3 item checksum a5a04631
War3 destructable checksum 00000000

These appear to pertain to things in the Map Editor! Destructibles like trees, Items, etc. It’s probably a mapping to what is directly in that Map itself, in this case Life Of A Peasant. Meaning, maybe that if I have my Map’s Units, it will be a different number.

Each Checksum is 8 Hexits long, in other words 8 characters in the Hexidecimal number language you can say. That’s also, 24 bits in Binary. As you see in the first Exception message I wrote, there is some 8 Hexit number there near the beginning starting with E. That COULD point to an Item issue, but I’m not sure. Then again, with this game’s programming, there’s no telling what it could be…

That last number looks like a MAC Address, not needed for this ;P.

But basically the rest of the Desync seems to cover some Sound Hardware only, and a bit about your Video Card Driver Software. Nothing else though.

1 Like