The wind rider of orc should be nerfed

In the recent games, the top Orc player Focus ONLY uses Winder riders to play against UD (eer0 or Happy). For example, here. This is a super ugly and abnormal strategy. For this reason, I suggest to nerf the wind rider (more resources, building time, or shorten the attack distance, or just move to T3 as it makes no sense a race having such strong air units at T2)

They’re fine. if someones massing one unit all you have to do is mass the counter. And there is a counter.

It also helps to scout and pay attention to what your opponent is doing so you can respond correctly. There is nothing inherently imbalanced about the windriders, every race has anti-air that can deal with it.

2 Likes

windrider is a glassbox unit => they are weak! Personally I never do them.
With 3-4 copters or 3-4 rifles you can smash them all.
For UD you got fiends (with web), for NE even small archers can counter w-riders.
other Orc have HH to counter.
Wind rider player will loose more money than the defender.

By talking you can build anything. Just watch some REAL matches and see how ugly the games were between TOP UD and Orc players (winderiders + bats + solid towers). The games are barely awful even for the audience. You think the TOP UD player eer0 cannot act as you say?

Man, you are unbelievable . The top UD vs. ORC is quite balanced, I did not even see any tactic involving wind riders or bats. Usually orc do combined foot army, few raiders to lock down enemy and lots of HH later adding casters.

I already attached the Youtube video of two TOP UD and Orc players in my original post (the UGLY windriders+bats+towers strategy), or you can just search recent games between Focus and eer0/Happy.

PLEASE READ/WATCH it first before get any conclusion.

What did you attached? I did not see anything!
Are you talking about some strange matchup made for fun?
Or maybe between someone and Happy? (was it Dmitry Kostin the Russian champion? He usually play UD and not Orc, so that’s why I am wondering… did you confuse him with someone else?)

If yes he sure made fun of somebody noob, defeating him with just mass wind riders. Sometimes happens, but any race can easily defend mass Wind Riders. Believe me! eg. Copters, Fiends with web, gargs, archers dryads, hypo, headhunters, other bats…

4vs4 copter win vs glass wind raider

Excellent, idea!

Come on man. Do you read my original post? Just click on the hyperlink of “here” (13 people in this post have watched it) or google recent matches. Keyword: Focus vs eer0/Happy.

dumb threads like this are why bad units get nerfed and op units get buffed.

nerf BAT RIDERS and BUFF WYV

There is No record with Happy there (Dmitry Kostin the Russian champion)!
Please do not troll! (eg. Is like I can say I uploaded a video with Serena Williams but actually I put with some other girl maybe named Serena but looking totally different.

and:

1. belive me Dmitry Kostin sure can defend wyvernes and bats (probably with fiends)
  2. and what if he looses once or twice? can happen because he is also a human being and even AI can loose!

Tell me you haven’t been playing WC3 long without telling me you haven’t been playing WC3 long :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You are the one to stop trolling and talking about nonsense.

What is this?

You cannot read or cannot google search? I am not your mom to feed you.

When you make claims its up to you to prove them, not anyone else.
You cry about spoonfeeding but what it really says is that you’re unwilling to back up your own arguments. And when someone refuses to support their own arguments, that means they can’t be trusted, and in fact we should assume what they’re saying is false until they prove otherwise.

(And people here have used this against me as well, so you can be sure I will hold you to the same standard)

2 Likes

Any constructive opinions of you? I see nothing. Learn some logic before talking non-sense plz.

You said " if someones massing one unit all you have to do is mass the counter. It also helps to scout and pay attention to what your opponent is doing so you can respond correctly."
I pointed out the “windriders+bats+towers” strategy occurring between TOP orc and UD players and the UD players lose to such strategy. So, the TOP UD players don’t have the basic knowledge as you, say they don’t know how to mass the counter or they don’t scout?

You said “There is nothing inherently imbalanced about the windriders”. I watched the games between the top players, feel the strategy is super ugly, and feel annoyed to see the TOP UD players lose to such brainless strategy. Cannot I say it is imbalanced?

Stop @DrGeniusSir - all your posts are about Nerf this Nerf that !!!

if you are noob, and cannot defend, learn to play.
Things are fine as they are, more I think Wisp are too weak, and Wind riders also could have some late game upgrade for armor. As for bats they were perfect before nerfing Liquid Fire.

1 Like

You want constructive opinions but don’t offer any. That’s great. My post makes perfect sense, you just aren’t actually reading it.

~~

Your logic is “i watched people way better than me play and it looked broken, therefore it must be.”

Unless your opinion is coming from your actual own experience, I really do not care. I’m not a pro and neither are you most likely. Just because some pro guy kicked some butt with some particular strategy doesn’t mean that it’s broken. The other guy could easily not have prepared properly for it (Yes, it happens, even with pros) and been caught off guard, etc.

And again- Non-pros, even the higher end ones, play the game considerably different from the pros and what is balanced for them might not be for everyone else and vice versa. If you want a balanced game, you shouldn’t be looking at 2 pros giving and receiving a beatdown, you should be looking at the entire community.

I don’t give a blankety-blank what pros do and neither do most people. As I said before, even the top 10 players are all going to have different opinions on what’s balanced and what’s not. It makes zero sense to me that you, as a non-pro (I’m assuming), don’t want the game to be balanced for you and the people you play with, but rather some tiny segment of the population that doesn’t make them any money.

2 Likes

Free speech. Go to post your own opinion @Cat!

Your logic is “Never do changes! I don’t want to hear anything about the balance issue”

Even I give an opinion about balance based on “my actual own experience”, people can say “Oh, it’s your own problem.” So I don’t think your logic works.

In fact, Blizzard do make balance revision heavily based on the PRO’s opinion, as those pros mention in the live.

So you care or not doesn’t matter. The developers make decision, and I am happy to see they make decisions on the Pro’s performance (not on some grass level players’)

To be blunt, people just disagree with you about Wind riders. Even the game that you listed doesn’t really prove anything. The undead player did not properly prepare, and the Wind Riders themselves seemed to trade quite inefficiently over the course of that game.

The reason why the Orc player ultimately won is because of their much stronger economy and the Undead player’s choice not to make Crypt Fiends or other anti-air units.