The sad reality of WC3R project

I played this game from 2002 to 2008 as Undead. My account name was 1984. I was mostly an RT noob with a win% somewhere around 46% and over 5000 games played. So I have a pretty good understanding on the subject even though I was no where near the top of the ladder.

Wow don’t even know where to start… Let’s just say that there is soooo much potential here to reinvigorate the whole RTS genre and may be even show some hope of WC4. But…all we have so far is promises and then silence from Blizzard. This project deserves way more attention and resources than its getting. Instead, most of the staff/resources is delegated to boring games like Overwatch and WoW. For all we know, the classic team could only be 40% done with the project. The holidays are coming up, so don’t expect any patches/updates there. Still no Night Elf. I remain optimistic and time will tell. For many of us older gamers, this is most likely the last Blizzard game for us.

• Zoom out the camera, it feels a bit too close to the ground.

• Remove female DK or make it random. (Female DK makes no sense its just some woke agenda that doesn’t add anything to the game.

• Any plans on improving unit path-finding?

• We want to see new naps, new tavern heroes.

• Bring back automated tournaments.

• Deliver everything promised from BlizzCon 2018 (within reason!)

I will be adding more feedback to this post as I play more games. But sadly there is hardly anyone playing beta. Which is not a good sign.

4 Likes

The way pathing works when you send a unit along a diagonal plane should at least be fixed. Zoom would be a welcome change for 4v4RT i think, because theres just way too much going on in one screen to get a clear overview. Honestly why would you even play 4v4 without zoomhack. I see it as a design flaw. Scroll zoom would be nice, but 1v1ers would be upset i guess.

If they unlocked NEs and 3v3/4v4, a lot more people would be playing beta.

it makes a lot of sense, look at my Why are you all so bothered? The solution and VossTheRam’s
Thanks for making the deathknight a female!

there’s no reason to not add female variants to the game. And you talk about a “woke” agenda. I mean it’s just fair for everyone to get the character that they want not just you.

1 Like

Ye cause everyone can play kotg hunts.