The rebirth of DoBRP?

Do anyone even remember this? Do we have a community?

Will anyone join me in restoring this legendary map that hopefully won’t break like it used to…

5 Likes

I remember that one for sure.

It’s really nice to see somebody willing to restore a roleplaying world-building map!

Personally I will also be restoring the map that I’ve forked off from one of those projects a few years ago, Warcraft had a really good roleplaying community - whether it was the world-building ones, or Life of a Peasant maps, or more.

3 Likes

If Blizzard adds the ability to have map banks to save client data to warcraft 3 R maps, you could expect someone to make RP maps that are leaps and bounds better than the old DoBRP and it’s spin-offs.
If you’ve ever RPed on Starcraft 2 ApexRP/CortexRP maps you’ll know what I mean.
This may just be me wishing though, but yeah, like they said custom maps should be playable on Reforged on day 1. The only thing that will be weird is seeing the custom low-res low poly models that have been added next to the reforged models in game.

2 Likes

I know this is a bit late to respond to this thread, but I feel like I could provide some useful info:

Plenty of roleplaying maps have been made after DoBRP. The current RP map from the DoBRP line is YARP, which features a Save/Load system that relies on autohotkey. You can find it here: YARP Releases

Another line of sandbox RP maps that spawned after DoBRP are the Titan Land maps, which originally derived from God’s Land, an altered melee map. The biggest difference is that they don’t use a Spawner, and they also use the default in-game chat instead of a command-based altered chat. The current version of Titan Land is Titan Land: Lands of Plenty. It features a Save/Load system that does not rely on any external programs, and you can find it here:
Titan Land LoP Releases

2 Likes

This is awesome, thanks for these updates.
I loved DoBRP and SotDRP - these one you’ve suggested are new to me but a save/load feature sounds amazing!

3 Likes

I’ve always used a custom RP map just because I had access to the files and could add my own models to it.

I’d assume the breaks were memory leaks, since a lot of the commands could be done in GUI, and it wasn’t until later people realized almost anything that selects an object causes a memory leak.

Even the spawn command causes a memory leak because it has to grab the spawner’s location.

2 Likes

So is there a community with a discord page or something? I used to play these as a teenager and I’d LOVE to play it again.

2 Likes

I second Bastian1991! If there is a discord page or anything for these kind of maps. I missed playing these, I will buy the remaster to literally play these maps agains

2 Likes

I know i’m reviving a sleeping topic but i must ask myself, is there any discord or form of community that still host those roleplayings maps? cause i miss them too

For SD/Classic graphics only but no longer being developed I suggest YARP: discord.gg/F5zC4Eh

For HD graphics with a still active development team I suggest SotFRP: discord.gg/sYheGpF