The MMR sucks

the mmr is broken: you win and they give you 8 points, you lose and they take 150

That means you’ve reached the point where the game expects you to win against your opponent at your current MMR score versus theirs and losing means the game has to re-evaluate your skill level. Perfectly normal.

The “game expects you to win and tries to re-evaluate your skill level” on a permanent basis, leading up to the situation where the more active player is - the more he is getting punished getting deeper into low-skilled-players pool even with a higher winrate:
https:// i.imgur. com/43oZjgH.jpeg

It would be great if you made some basic research before trying to post nonsense. Or even better: follow your own words and leave the forum as you promised.

If the game can’t match you up with people of your own skill level, it tries to widen the search gap over time till it finds you a match. This is also normal and if there’s constantly 0 people of an appropriate level, it keeps matching you up against either lower skilled or higher skilled players. This is also very much normal. Especially so when player numbers are low.

I have done my research. And digging up a 5 year old thread I made back when Reforged was still in beta testing isn’t the quip you think it is.

1 Like

“Don’t confuse me with the facts, I’m sticking to my premise no matter how false it is!”

failed stupid patch

still broken af tho, especially for 3v3 and 4v4 AT. In so many games the gap is so big that a victory is literal 0 mmr, and a loss is 200 (sometimes happens with DCs or join bugs).

That is extremely punishing and not fun at all because:

1. we get to rarely play games because either skill gap is so big, or opponents instant leave. I’d prefer longer queue but actually get to play. This way it is not fun for any side.
  1. most games award 0 mmr. There is no sense of progress.

Ordinarily yes, but particularly this season, the game has been matching players with way too wide of an MMR spread, which is what allows things like this to happen. It also STILL tends to put most of the lower MMRs on one side and higher ones on the other, which tends to result in lopsided games (until the MMRs get so low that everybody either just sucks or has already been victimized by the system).

The MMR calculation itself is probably working as intended, but the matching system is not. It is the bad matching that creates this situation where you can win and get nothing and lose and have a ton taken away.