The Kel'Thuzad problem

When you order him to attack, he replies with “burn!”
How does that make sense? He uses ice/frost attack, not fire, so how can ice burn the enemy? The one who should use that line is kael’thas, he literally uses fire.
Imagine if kael’thas yelled “drown!” and throws fire. Well that’s exactly what Kel is doing.
Did I miss something? Someone explain this to me.

1 Like

Mmm, that sounds logical. Indeed.

“Burn!”

A fateful choice.

4 Likes

I wish I could like twice.

2 Likes

Ever heard of frostburn?

3 Likes

Ice does burn the skin, for your info.

1 Like

As far as I know, the frostburn refers to the skin color change after extreme freezing. So it makes no sense for Kel to want to cause the color on skin. He cares about the freezing part, not the color part. So it would make sense if he yelled “freeze!” instead.

Frostburn is called that because it’s effects can be very similar to what being burned by actual fire does. Both can cause blistering and swelling following treatment. They even have similar grading systems when it comes to the degrees of burns one gets.

1 Like

Maybe it is metaphorical and a warning. Like, “My frost attacks are so deadly you will have to light yourself on fire to resist them.” which would kill most people, so he wins anyway.

besides ever hear of freezer burned meat?

I am sorry but you don’t know enough. Frostburn or frostbite it does more than change the colour of the skin, it can destroy cells and tissues similarly to how heat does if you stay too long in extreme freezing. You can even lose body parts.

Here’s a medical description:

What is an ice burn?

An ice burn is an injury that can happen when ice or other cold things contact and damage your skin. Ice burns usually occur after prolonged exposure to freezing or below-freezing temperatures. For example, if you apply a cold pack directly to your skin, you might get an ice burn.

##

What are the symptoms of an ice burn?

An ice burn often looks like other types of burns, such as sunburns. You might notice a change in the color of the affected skin. For example, it might appear bright red. It might also turn a white or yellowish-gray color.

Other potential symptoms include:

** numbness*
** itchiness*
** tingly feeling*
** pain*
** blisters*
** unusually firm or waxy skin*
If you think you might be getting an ice burn, remove the source of cold immediately and take steps to gradually warm your skin up. Seek medical help right away if you experience any of the following:

** Your skin remains numb and doesn’t begin to burn or tingle as it warms up.*
** Your skin is white and doesn’t regain a pinkish complexion as it warms up.*
** Your skin is white, cold, and hard when you touch it.*

These may be symptoms of severe tissue damage that require treatment.