The hundreds of unused icons in game

So Blizzard, you have an icon for every single item in the game that used to share an icon with a research etc in the original wc3, for example
Killmaim
Serathil
Mindstaff
Runed Gauntlets
Phat Lewt
Frostguard
Rusty Mining Pick
Scepter of the Sea
Etc etc you get the idea. These are just some from the top of my head. It is just annoying having to reassign them each time to their respective items making a map.

Mostly this affects the Rexxar Campaign, where pretty much every one of these items is seen by the player.

So can you please make them default in world editor and add them to the Rexxar campaign? It shouldn’t be too much work since the icons exist already in the game files.

2 Likes

Yes, so many icons are unused and i think those new icons are really awesome.

Maybe, they want icons used elsewhere have been changed to unique icons in reforged.

Like many creeps and heroes have their own model.

But purist doesn’t want any change.

So, icons of Talisman of evasion and Pendant of energy are changed with similar classic icon. (They just change color of amulet of recall and pendant of mana)

1 Like

You still maintain that it is the fault of the Purists and not Blizzard who wanted to cut expenses.

And blizzard is going to keep taking out trash.

Nah, I’m really angry with cut contents and bad quality of game;

however, i’m pretty enjoying play with new skins

But most player hate every little part of difference with classic i think.

1 Like

if by far you mean content clipping. then yes.

it seems like the hate bandwagon is running out of content so they have started using so bizarre and weird issues that we dont even understand what they are talking about.

1 Like

It is not a matter of running out of content. It is a question that blizzard already made clear that she does not care about the game.
They are not going to give us what they promised us and hopefully in a year or two they will give us what they will have in W3.

What use is it to repeat that they have to give us even the reformed campaign and the personalized campaigns? When we don’t even have the Malfurion on Foot model.

There are fewer complaints. Because there is less faith that Blizzard fixes things.

Issues are issues, small or big. if you are weirded out by correctly pointed out issues that are rather niche, don’t respond. instead of trying to cover a blanket over it saying its not a big deal u just a hater!!!

1 Like

You don’t have to reassign them every time - you can export item settings (or all object settings) from the file menu in the Object Editor, and then import them into other maps.

By the way, any chance you could post the paths for these icons? I managed to find a few just by guesswork, but probably not all of them.

,wow.gamepedia .com/Category:Warcraft_III_Reforged_icons
Here are all the icons
The path is the icon name

Hello there :slight_smile:

First of all thanks for this thread and for linking to several piece of information that help gathering all the hidden reforged assets.

Here’s a Hiveworkshop thread I made to centralize all the information regarding hidden assets:
" hiveworkshop / threads/list-of-hidden-material-within-the-world-editor.323961/ "

There are already lots of models and icons, but if you happen to not find one you know of, please make sure to tell us on the Hiveworkshop.

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

2 Likes