"The CD Key provided is still in use (3.45)"

What is this BS? I try to log into battlenet and I get this message when I try to log into my account. I bought the game a few months ago, so how can the CD key be in use?

I can log on battle.net on ROC but when I try on TFT I get this message…

Btw this is the first time I’ve got this message. My WC3 randomly crashed when I was playing a map, I open the game again after an hour and this message happened. Any ideas?

2 Likes

ever since new patch as well i cant login to my account it shows " Connection to battle.net lost " when i type in the right password and shows wrong password when i type in the wrong password

This also just happened to me and I don’t understand how my cd key would be in use when I re bought both games from the blizzard store. Is this some sort of new bug?? Exact same msg
“THE CD KEY PROVIDED IS STILL IN USE (3.45)"

1 Like

WTF is this BS now? Like how can you come up with these errors on Battle net servers? Now I got CD key in use. Seriously? Can you please stop testing on production and get a reliable testing environment?

3 Likes

I just completed a game in battlenet and the moment i close the end game screen, it says connection to battlenet is disconnected (or something similar) and upon trying to relogin, the Battlenet button was greyed out for quite a while. upon trying to sign in, receive the same message “The CD Key provided is still in use. (3.45).” I bought the game from blizzard store few years back.

1 Like

Quick update. I opened a ticket with support and it is resolved now. If anyone still have this issue, open a ticket with support.

Have the same issue…

I have the same issue :(, what to do my whole weekend plan is spoiled now

Had the same problem yesterday. I created ticket and reinstalled game twice, support “refreshed the account in the database in case a server-side caching issue was causing problems” and error changed into 4.2 30 minutes later and has gone few minutes after. It took about an hour or two overall.

WELL BLIZZARD IM DRUNK AFTER CLUBBING AND I WANTED TO PLAY SOME GAMES BUT NOW WHEN I TRY TO LOG IN IT SAYS “THERE WAS AN ERROR IN HANDLEING THE REQUEST (4,2)”

seriously blizzzard i just want to play man please

Hello,

Can you help me to resolve this: the cd key provided is currently in use (3.45)

Thank you!

Someone has your cd key, if you can connect to battle.net via another server that you dont play on for example try logging in on west instead of east.

If you can do that, that means someone 100% got ahold of your key. idk how you bought your wc3 but never by a used one unless you can trust who you are buying from. if you cant resolve this im feeling nice right now, so if you see this message i will give you some new cd keys free of charge i have hundreds of them just message me on discord my discord is eGirlandChill#9760
I may take a while to respond so please be patient with me and ill even hop on discord to make sure i gave you working keys as im sure some of them i have probably were stolen as well.

2 Likes

That means someone else also has your CD key. You can’t have multiple people logging in with the same key.

1 Like

Stealthbot ur discord account was wrong , if u changed it can u add me in Discord? my discord is Sorcerer#2034
I think someone stole my cd key too

1 Like

Today I have experienced same problem.
Yesterday I was playing game with guy, who we had argument with, then he said he will disable my w3, today i can not login anf im getting message, that my key is already in use 3.45 … and its for all gateways!!!

1 Like