The 03/08/24 Update

We got a silent PTR update 2 days ago which seems to have fiddled with some firelord-related stuff. Idr what BNic is but I think it’s something to do with Incinerate, does this mean y’all are fixing the 0 damage bug? Would be very cool if so. Very glad to see signs of life though, just wish we could get more communication every once in a while :stuck_out_tongue:

There will probably be a post when there is more than just that one issue being addressed, as it is highly unlikely they’ll be releasing a patch to fix one bug that frankly not many people have even talked about.

As an aside the build number went from 20719 to 20757

So, what exactly has been updated in this version, and why haven’t we seen any official announcements

this is the diff file provided to us by BogdanW3 (hiveworkshop member)

diff --git a/20719/war3.w3mod/units/neutralabilityfunc.txt b/20757/war3.w3mod/units/neutralabilityfunc.txt
index 58378b0..bf241f6 100644
--- a/20719/war3.w3mod/units/neutralabilityfunc.txt
+++ b/20757/war3.w3mod/units/neutralabilityfunc.txt
@@ -22,6 +22,7 @@ Missilespeed=1000
 MissileHoming=1

[BNic]
+MissileHoming=1

// Soul Burn
 [ANso]
diff --git a/20719/war3.w3mod/units/unitweapons.slk b/20757/war3.w3mod/units/unitweapons.slk
index b317f2a..e1ba549 100644
--- a/20719/war3.w3mod/units/unitweapons.slk
+++ b/20757/war3.w3mod/units/unitweapons.slk
@@ -8935,9 +8935,9 @@ C;X23;K20
 C;X24;K21
 C;X25;K0.633
 C;X26;K0.337
-C;X27;K" - "
-C;X28;K" - "
-C;X29;K" - "
+C;X27;K1
+C;X28;K1
+C;X29;K1
 C;X30;K"-"
 C;X31;K"-"
 C;X32;K"ground,air,structure,debris,enemy"

Thank you very much, but I can’t understand what it represents. However, I have updated this PTR and found that there is a serious frame drop issue and it may lag

I know there are changes to soul burn, not sure what, but looks like they turned on Missile Homing on BNic (the Incinerate Buff) which I assume was to try to fix the 0 damage incinerate attack bug

Probably addresses said Incinerate bug. Incinerate seems to change the weapon type to something missile with splash-like.

The Firelord normally has a missile weapon type. If, in general, the missile homing property is disabled, the missile weapon type (and the missile with splash weapon type, too) will extrapolate from the target’s movement, distance between attacker and target, and the missile speed where to fire the missile to in order to meet up. But if the target changes speed or direction, this can make the missile impact elsewhere.

With the normal missile weapon type, the damage will still be applied to the target then regardless where the missile impacts. For the missile with splash weapon type, however, it picks targets around the point of impact to affect, so the original target can effectively evade the attack.

With the missile homing property enabled, the missile chases the target. I am not sure if then the point of impact can still slightly deviate from the position of the target or there are rounding/edge case errors. Maybe that is why they set the splash radii to 1. Or maybe it is just an over approximation because they were not sure, either.

Anyway, the normal attacks of the Firelord are not position-based in terms of whether they hit but Incinerate makes them position-based. And for some reason the missile of Incinerate is a bit slower than the normal attack (1000 vs. 1200). With a slow missile it is also more likely to happen that the target evades.

You could easily see the bug happen if you made the target patrol in a short distance to make it change direction frequently while firing Incinerate missiles at it.