Team match making is broken

Is anyone having the issue where teams mmr’s are not even close to each other when playing 2v2?

I am a rather low ranking player. My MMR 4200 or so. I constantly go against teams who are in the 5500 mmr range. One would think that I would then get a team mate who has an mmr of 5500 or 6000 to make up the difference. But this does not seem to be how it works. I continually get a team mate with a similar mmr to mine. Making the teams unbalanced from one another. I have a 5% win rate. A good MMR system would keep most players at a 50% win rate. Knowing I am going to loose a game just based on looking at a teams MMR is not fun. Nope, I am not having fun. :frowning:

Any one ells having this experience.

Blizzard is letting arranged teams play vs randoms. So people team up, get free MMR and reach 6k mmr easily. Its impossible to win against mid players that team up you literally need to be a Grubby type of guy.

Oh no. You seem to be lost, Shreddedshia… It’s a dangerous place for someone like you!
Here, let me bring you back to safety: Custom Games - Warcraft III: Reforged Forums

You heard the man, blizz. Only place him vs MMR + 100, max 200 higher than his.
I hope you don’t mind waiting, Kinglamoni!

Initial post has a really good point there. I have noticed the same thing too! Unfortunately, team match making process seems to be totally random. This has happened to me both ways, resulting in an umbalanced matchup.
Arranged vs random team could also be balanced in a way, if there is an algorithm that tries to match similar total MMR teams (let’s say if AT is 5000 MMR it should find 2 random team opponents of 4300 and 5700 MMR, but not 4100 and 4500).
I have often played with an ally of 4300MMR, mine was around 4600 and our opponents had 5100 and 4900! I mean this battle.net algorithm must be reprogrammed, so that in this case it teams up 4300 player with 5100 and 4600 with 4900!
The results in the strong team earning 0 points, even recording a “defeat” instead of a win! And losing team may lose 1MMR or so…
I think that a more orthodox match making algorithm is easy to apply at the next patch update.

1 Like

Me and a friend started new in wc3, well we know it from way back but anyway. We are on 17 losses and 0 wins on our arranged 2v2.

Heres the thing the game finds a game in literally 5 seconds but its always against 5500 mmr or something like that. That is not fun man.

We both said, we would rather wait 5 mins and then have a fair game than this. It can give you those matches when it doesnt find anything after a while, but not like this man.

So in conclusion: Yes blizz we would have more fun waiting for a little longer and have the chance of fairer matches than to get stomped into the ground everytime.

3 Likes

I actually made a bug report for this, it’s consistently reproducible and bad. The system consistently pairs the strongest two players against the weakest two players out of the four chosen instead of balancing the teams to have similar average MMRs. Exceptions are exceedingly rare and usually the result of RTs being matched against an AT.