Symphony of Frost and Flame Crash

While controlling the southern obelisk, I built up a force to start taking others. However, as I try to take an obelisk, Illidan attacks my base and the game crashes. It happens every time and I can’t finish the mission. I get no error message; it just goes to my desktop.

1 Like

Try lowering texture quality. Crashes like this can be caused by running out of either main memory or video memory. Otherwise I recommend providing a save that can be used to reliably recreate the crash for Blizzard to debug.

Same issue for me. I turned all possible parameters on video settings to minimum. But this mission is crashing at a certain point every time. Feels like KI interactions and other stuff on this map is overloading my memory or something. No idea how to solve it :frowning: Actually my system generally runs pretty hot the more KI is involved in the missions. Feels like it is consuming dramatic amount of ressources! Maybe someone can help…

Okay, so this goes to the blizzard crew, indeed the “hard” KI was affecting my system tremedously. I solved the mission on normal without any issues. So however hard mode KI works, it requires insane amount of recources of a system compared to normal mode KI. And since this mission has huge amount of units and buildings controlled by KI which is working in parallel, it causes my system to crash.

My PC is old, but should not be too old to handle an old engine game as wc3. I played wc3 in 2000 with way less powerful engine, and I could greatly play through everything on hard mode. So wondering why a stronger system has so much issues on the same game (since engine stayed same).

Maybe someone should take a look on hard mode KI algorythm and give it some improvements… else won’t be able to take this mission on hard, so not getting the success either.

Besides my system:
Windows 10 Home
Version: 10.0.18362 Build 18362
Intel Core i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40 HZ, 3401 MHz, 4 Cores, 8 logical processors
16 GB RAM
Graphic Card GTX 580