Suggestion to improve the Game

If I were a part of the Warcraft III development team, I would consider implementing both MMR and level experience systems. Many players enjoy the competitive aspect of MMR, but there are also those who appreciate leveling up for a sense of progression. It’s crucial to cater to a wide range of players to keep them engaged. For instance, players who are unable to dedicate extensive time due to work commitments can still enjoy leveling up as a form of achievement.

I’ve noticed that while playing on Battle.net, many users express a desire to reintroduce the level experience system. This system used to display your level on your profile and in general chat channels, contributing to a feeling of accomplishment. Particularly among long-time players who participated in the 2000-2004 era, these features are fondly remembered. Given that this demographic is likely older and potentially busier with responsibilities like jobs and families, providing a balance between MMR and level-based progression could be beneficial.

To invigorate player engagement, Warcraft III could benefit from adding more incentive elements. Reintroducing the moving profile picture and considering a revamped division system, similar to those seen on platforms like chess .com, could inject fresh excitement into the game. This system could reset monthly, allowing players to rise to higher divisions through points or trophies. Incorporating random rewards like boxes within maps, containing items that enhance heroes’ abilities or can be sold to other players, could offer a new layer of strategic gameplay. These additions have the potential to attract a new generation of players and revitalize the game’s appeal on a global scale. what i mean
Certainly, I understand your concern about the pay-to-improve concept and the potential need for both money and time to enhance gameplay skills.

In regards to the new items, envisioning a system where iconic heroes like the Death Knight, Paladin, or Blade Master can acquire unique skins and accessories, such as weapons, armor, and even mounts, is intriguing. These cosmetic enhancements could potentially carry minor stat boosts, like a 0.7 % increase in armor, strength, agility, or damage, depending on the specific item acquired. While this might appear marginal, even these modest bonuses could have a significant impact on gameplay. But dont need to increase it can just be a skin with none increase works to.

What’s particularly interesting is the idea of players being able to trade or sell these unique skins and items to others. This could indeed spark considerable buzz on social media platforms, especially if news spreads about a legendary Blade Master sword being sold for a substantial amount, like $100,000. Such occurrences could undoubtedly attract the attention of new players and inject fresh energy into the game’s community.

The concept of adding a financial and strategic dimension to gameplay improvement is something worth considering. Players who are dedicated and willing to invest both time and monetary resources into honing their skills could access premium features, like advanced game analysis or personalized coaching. While this might raise questions about accessibility and fairness, it could also pave the way for a more enriched gaming experience for those who are seeking to maximize their potential.

Feel free to let me know if you’re interested in more ideas or insights on this topic. I’m here to assist you in exploring different avenues to enhance the Warcraft III experience.

Looking at the success of chess. com’s game analysis tool, Warcraft III could introduce a similar feature. Players might subscribe to receive insights on their gameplay decisions, pinpointing errors, and offering better alternatives. This service could even extend to in-game purchases, where players pay a monthly fee for strategic guidance, helping them learn and improve over time. This could particularly interest players aiming for precision and excellence in their performance.

I have more ideas to share if you’re interested in hearing them. These suggestions aim to elevate the game experience, introduce innovative elements, and enhance the gameplay for both existing and potential players.

1 Like

Is that a real thing or did you make that up?

What are your thoughts on this proposal? Personally, I find it quite appealing, as it introduces an intriguing concept. However, it’s important to consider the implementation of achievements and challenges within the context of maintaining a positive user experience and not disrupting the Battle.net platform. These potential achievements and challenges could serve as engaging incentives for players, possibly even offering rewards in the form of boxes or similar items. It’s crucial, though, that any associated achievements or challenges do not inadvertently compromise the overall gameplay or create a negative impact on the broader community. Crafting challenges that are skill-based and non-disruptive to others, such as achieving critical strikes or dealing a specific amount of damage, could strike a balance between player engagement and a harmonious gaming environment. Ultimately, striking this balance will be pivotal in determining the success and acceptance of such a feature.

Holy verbose, Batman. Unfortunately, your word salads (across your posts) make it difficult to want to continue past the first few sentences. Not to mention that walls of text also tend to turn people away.

This is a video game forum, not thesis defense.

Should I write in slightly less sophisticated English and make the text shorter?

So, let me get this straight:

You want to bring in features that would divide matchmaking even further by throwing in level-based progression that stacks on top of the MMR system that exists currently.

In addition, you want to add “pay-to-improve concepts” to the maps like cosmetic items that give minor increases in stats or improves abilities. Not only that, but these cosmetic items would be able to be sold to other people for up to $100,000.

You’re looking to make this game even more dead than it is already.
You can take your “improvements” and shove em where the sun don’t shine. Take your nickel & dime schemes elsewhere.

Also, this whole message of yours looks like it was written by ChatGPT, don’t think I don’t notice the similar sentence structure.

The answer to that is in my post.

My friend, what did I do to make you angry? I believe there might be a misunderstanding here. I didn’t mean that adding MMR level balancing should ruin things by introducing levels. Levels are a separate matter, my friend. As for obtaining a skin or weapon for one’s hero, I don’t mean it should provide a significant boost. It could offer something like a 0.1% boost to armor, damage, strength, etc. Alternatively, one could focus solely on skins that could be sold or equipped on one’s own hero. Your response seems quite intense.

If someone buys, for instance, a unique skin sword for the Blade Master, another person might buy it for a significant amount, sparking interest on social media due to the high purchase price. This could attract attention and potentially lead people to try the game and even grow fond of it. As the player base isn’t extensive, such unique items could open people’s eyes to Warcraft III. If someone in social media highlights that a skin was sold for $100,000 or whatever amount, it could pique interest. I don’t understand why you’re being so aggressive in your response. If you have a better idea to improve the game and retain players, particularly those not focused on MMR, who might be struggling to raise it, we need some form of incentive. Please reconsider your approach.

This feature is already available on Warcraft III. In the wild after defeating the creeps, if you encounter a small treasure chest looking object with what looks like glittering gold loot inside, you can right click the treasure chest to obtain the loot. The loot is random like you’re saying, but determined at the time that a creep dies. It is possible to determine what benefits the loot will provide prior to collecting it by hovering the mouse cursor above the treasure chest, which will display a unique name depending on what benefits it will provide. This type of loot is often referred to as an “Item.”

Once your hero collects an “Item,” it will remain in your possession indefinitely, even if the hero does. If you would like to trade an “Item” to another player, you can negotiate with your ally using the Chat feature and then your ally can click on the “Allies” menu to send you gold, and in return you can command one of your Hero characters to provide the “Item” to your ally by right-clicking on the item, and then left-clicking on a Hero controlled by the ally who sent you the gold.

In this way, it is already possible to make news by playing a custom game and having your ally mine 10 gold mines to earn about 125000 gold (assuming each gold mine will have 12500 gold by default), and then your ally can send you 125000 in return for a “Claws of Attack” item that you can give to your ally!

So, it is already possible to sell an item for over 100000 to your friend in this game! The world is your oyster!

I must express my concern that your current demeanor seems to reflect an inclination towards mockery, which I find discomforting. It is my sincere request that you discontinue such behavior. As for the notion of incorporating additional benefits through skin items, I would like to clarify that the concept merely represents a suggestion. It is not imperative to include these supplementary aspects; the core idea revolves around introducing skins that offer aesthetic value, such as unique swords or shields, for visual enhancement and potential resale. The intention is not to introduce attributes that enhance attack power or defensive capabilities. The suggestion of augmenting damage or abilities by a nominal percentage, like 0.0004%, is presented as an alternative approach. Please be assured that this sentiment is shared in the context of constructive feedback.

The skin doesn’t necessarily have to provide any advantages; it could purely serve as an attractive cosmetic feature. The two options I presented were simply suggestions for consideration. Your arrival with a mocking tone is indeed puzzling. I would have anticipated some constructive input or insightful contributions to the conversation, rather than resorting to sarcasm."

You suggested a feature in the game and I was attempting to describe how it is already present. This is not meant as mockery, but rather a factual note about what we already have and how it might accomplish the same goal as what you are asking about.

1 Like

I appreciate your response, but it seems there might be a misunderstanding. The core idea revolves around introducing new skins that could potentially offer an additional ability, even if it’s just a slight increase of 0.004%. This concept is more of an optional addition if the developers are open to the idea. However, what I’m primarily interested in is the introduction of fresh skins for both heroes and units. ^