(Suggestion) Add modern hotkeys

Hi dear blizzard. I think it would be great if there was a option in the menu called “modern hotkeys” If u enable this u get all the options that starcraft 2 has. Such as:

1. Unlimited units in 1 control groups
  2. Select entire army button

It would be nice if u added this option when we play campaign and custom games. I dont see any problems using modern control in custom games. The multiplayer can be left untouched.

2 Likes

having the ability to select more than 12 units is a pretty hot button issue that many casual myself included think would be fine but many competitive people think it wouldnt be a good change and i see their point.

Yeah, this is subject that has been under heavy debate on this forum already. I think you can still find those threads if you have something to add to that conversation. Also, so far it seems the the 12 unit selection limit might not be removed. Though, they said that in an interview back in BlizzCon and they (hopefully) have changed their mind about certain matters, as we as a community have got our voice heard and shared our opinions on these things. Blizzard did, after all, emphasize that the communication with the community is important and they take it seriously.

This option should be done by default because modern way of play is different. For me it’s easy to have same hotkeys for all kind of thing. QWER - system is good as for Heroes and Units, and I think also for buildings and their constructions. It’s easy to learn and don’t to waste time moving your finger in the middle of keyboard which guarantee missing buttons sometimes

My whole point was that the “modern hotkey” option should only be available if i play solo. Like blizzard campaigns and custom maps that requires solo play.
I see no problems adding such a option as it wouldn’t interfere with others in any way.

With added camera hotkeys yes

Makes sense, good suggestion.

heres the best way to setup your custom hotkeys:
https://www.reddit.com/r/WC3/comments/69p3nv/improved_custom_hotkeys_setup_by_wtvr/

Larger control groups or “select all” is a bad idea (which has been discussed at great length in many threads) heres a better way to improve hotkeys without drastically changing the gameplay: Preset Control Groups- https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/warcraft3/t/pre-set-control-groups-in-options/

but that would cause players who are new to multiplayer to be very confused or even upset as to why the multiplayer aspect is so drastically different from campaign. I dont think its right to teach players to play one way and then change it for competitive play. IMO having unlimited unit selection would only be acceptable for custom maps and gamemodes

I wonder if this wc3 hotkey can be set for a custom maps too?