Still can't host custom game (fixed)

Dear blizz blizz,

Last thing said about the custom days was on launch day so i am creating a new one. i have an issue creating custom games. i get this: (don’t copy the x)

xhttps://imgur.com/a/sLPKF3Z

This is an official blizz map for 4 players. I also found out that if i use for example: test as my game name it wont make a lobby at all. My best guess is that name is taken but then again it should show something at least.

Then when i finally get a lobby its not the right interface. If i select an Computer AI for example a chat notification says: the host (me) kicked you out of the lobby.

Anything to share about this matter would be great cause i wanna play some fun games :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Same problem here cannot host at all just kicks me and i cannot join rip

3 Likes

Here is the solution if you had Classic Warcraft III installed prior to installing reforged.

I had this issue as well and I investigated and discovered that Warcraft III Reforged installed to the same location as my Classic Warcraft III install and I had a myriad of issues as a result, including being unable to host custom games with AI. I also noticed when looking at maps in custom games there were doubles of a lot of maps and when I hosted it did not display the map preview and below the preview it stated that the map file could not be found.

I uninstalled Warcraft III Reforged, and then searched my computer for ALL folders and files associated with Warcraft III and I removed all traces of Warcraft III from my computer. (Make sure to get the warcraft III folder in documents - I actually had 3 different folders on my PC named “Warcraft III” and there was a maps folder in each ) - I then reinstalled Reforged and have had zero issues since.

Edit: I also made sure the Wc3 Reforged beta was uninstalled and removed completely before reinstalling the game.

I hope this helps!

4 Likes

I think that fixed my issue I deleted every folder modified before the date that I downloaded reforge and then it ran a quick scan re downloaded new files and now i can host this is the fix thank you.

1 Like

That also worked for me. for me some of my files were from 2018. i deleted those and poof custom games hosting works.

you are the best!

I had this problem before but after I uninstall and reinstall the game, it was resolved. I assume that it’s because I installed the classic one and beta. The files may collapse when installed the lauched one.

I’m having the same issue - except I have a fresh installation of the game. It’s been about six years since I played wc3 - and not on this computer, which I got about 3-4 years ago. It has never been installed on this pc.

For poop and giggles I decided to check through my wc3 folders to see if - for whatever reason - there were older folders. There isn’t, every folder is brand new from three days ago when I installed.

I spent a lot of time creating custom games of my own with new models and I don’t want to delete those just to play reforged tbh, theres gotta be another way to get it working

1 Like

Same here. I’ve deleted everything as well and tried repairing but nothing is working.

For me it was enough the remove (rename actually) the Maps folder and have the game download them again to fix the issue.