State of Warcraft 3 Reforged in 2021

After Blizzard decided to hijack my favourite game and utterly destroying it, forcing me to buy something that I don’t want, or not being able to use something that I bought (I have around 5 game keys that I own), I left Warcraft 3 and uninstalled everything Blizzard made from my computer.

I’ve come back after one year and basically everything is the same - my years old account with around 400 days (!!!) of uptime got deleted and it never got merged with my new one. If I want to change my account name I have to pay 10$??! What kind of sick logic is this, it’s literally one database operation, why should it cost 10$, on Steam you can change your profile name and picture for free how many times you want.

The game is 30 GB large - where around 25 GB are something useless for me - Reforged graphics. Is it fair that the game I purchased around 15 years ago gets destroyed and I’m forced to use something that I don’t want? Where are the custom campaigns, where are the profiles and the ladder?

As a software developer I would never work for Blizzard. Why? Because I know 100% if they paid 1 person, he would be able to make everything in 2 months max. And fix the slow menu. I’ve literally seen indie games done 100 times better than Reforged. They outsourced the most critical thing, the core of their so-called remake - graphics. Where is the business logic? Who was the guy that thought this over? They would be better off cancelling the game.

Also I’d just like to mention Grubby and other streamers that had a talk with Blizzard, it’s your fault aswell, you influenced everything and you lied to the public and your subscribers, shame on you! It’s your fault of Warcraft 3 being in the current state and why it’s literally a dead game now. I wanted to mention Back2Warcraft, but that wouldn’t be fair because I was watching them last year and they didn’t hide that the game is a total abomination like Grubby did.

I’d be surprised if this post doesn’t get deleted, because of the general censorship Blizzard has nowadays.

13 Likes

Hi MikriMaus,

In my youth I used to be a very serious modder of Warcraft III, but in a way where I frequently did not use the internet. So I was only modding to make creations to play with people face-to-face. I was very passionate about the World Editor of this game as a creative outlet, if only because it was easy to learn (even if it is hard to master).

Perhaps because of that past, or perhaps for other reasons, during the recent global pandemic when I had free time alone I made a habit of frequenting these forums. So, if you can imagine, I have seen many testimonials from users like you who post with a tremendous sense of frustration.

Assuming that the team who developed Warcraft III Reforged was disbanded (which is the rumor that I personally heard), what are you planning that you will accomplish with your post today? Who are you venting to? I find that after a long time interacting with people who still use the Warcraft III computer program together on the internet, what I remember and what sticks with me as valuable is not when I complained but rather when I sought to create modding tools or custom maps that others could use or experience.

Would you be interested in venting your passion in the form of creating modding tools for Reforged? If so, you should visit the Hive Workshop website and see if you can contribute to… literally anything fun or creative that you find there.

Thank you, and have a nice day!
~Reforged Gli #1

4 Likes

You didn’t hear the news. The historic Team 1 that made every Blizzard videogame up until (and included) World of Warcraft has been disbanded six months ago. They have been punished for the failures of StarCraft Remastered, Warcraft III Reforged and also for the underperformance of Heroes of The Storm (probably at the third or fourth place between the action real time tactics games for PC, but Blizzard wanted the top spot). It seems that Blizzard Classic Team was in reality managed by Team 1, so they were deemed the culprits for these failures. All the developers in Team 1 left for other teams o left Blizzard entirely (many joined Mike Morhaime new company). Now it seems it’s Activision’s team Vicarious Visions, the ones who made the still unreleased Diablo II Resurrection, the new mantainers of the legacy games at Blizzard. I don’t know if this means that we will get a “repaired” Warcraft III or not, but we’ll see in the next months.

I highly doubt it means we’ll get Warcraft III Reforged repaired, Olpus.

They’ll never finish the unfinished game and it’ll remain tied to Battle.net as a form of DRM, which means the game will forever be the same broken, unfinished mess it is now.

You’d be better off rolling back to a pre-Reforged version if you can find one.

3 Likes

I heard that it was actually a good remaster, not sure what they did wrong on that game

2 Likes

You may as well just pirate the original or install your copies (if you had it). No way they’ll be able to make this garbage any good, or give us back the originals.
Blizzard is long dead, now it’s a bloated corpse full of the dumbest and most incompetent people in the game industry. I’m actually surprised the company’s leaders are smart enough to breathe.

7 Likes

Ahh and maybe should be happy I have job but I was never let work from home and such ever since I started the job I cant find time to work on my projects… I soo felt like quitting or making a break, it felt so good before I had the job to work on my stuff. And I mean not only War3 mostly SC2 and other game engines,.

Starcraft Remastered is everything you would want out of it. It has upgraded graphics and audio, plus has the option to use the originals if you prefer. All previous custom content works and multiplayer did not change. You can even use the (optional) announcers in the campaigns, which you can’t do in SC2. SCR is a fantastic product and I’ve never heard anyone offer legitimate criticism.

The only “bad” thing is that if you’re not using the remastered graphics it’s about 5 gigs, but since the original is now free downloading the original ISOs and update patches from some random Starcraft site solves that. If you download SCR for the free version that’s really on you.

6 Likes

…and has the carbot graphics too…^^

4 Likes

I have a legitimate criticism for StarCraft Remastered: the Denuvo-style Battle.net DRM (the same DRM that plagues Warcraft 3 Reforged along with its unfinished state).

Seriously, frak that crap. I’ll just play the original pre-Remastered version of the game; at least it’s not reliant on an unreliable service in order to be playable.

3 Likes

I didn’t realize SCR had the same BS DRM. That is a perfectly reasonable complaint I now share.

4 Likes

At launch it was bugged (they even introduced new bugs), it lacked content and only subsequent patches fixed it. More or less the same that happened to Warcraft III Reforged, the difference was that Blizzard was able to fix the problems and with a decent timing.

What happened with Reforged is not the same as with SC Remastered. It’s graphics were only upgraded to look a little better and as far as I know Blizz didn’t removed any features. But War3 on the other hand had features removed, graphics that cause fps drops and aren’t used by anyone. It has no reconnect feature, campaign progress isn’t account-wide so you have to play the campaign again if you are on an another PC. The Launch was way worse, it was also buggy but it had many other issues like matchmaking not working or getting the defeat screen by just entering a campaign mission. And changing hotkeys is not a feature in the game but you have to enter a file to change it.