Spending money for a free upgrade

When Reforged was announced, it was advertised that there would be cross-play between reforged and classic. When reforged was released, my classic version was replaced with reforged. Why was I allowed to spend money on reforged through a blizzard account that already had the classic games registered to it? Why was I allowed to spend money on a game that I would’ve automatically updated to anyway if I hadn’t paid for it? I’m not made of money, and now I’m out like $30 because of blatant false advertising. Thanks.

12 Likes

I second that. I feel robbed.

I feel like I’m missing something… you have to pay for the new graphics. Otherwise your account is still locked to classic graphics, right?

I got a refund for reforged but still had my TFT and ROC keys. What ended up happening is I can still play Warcraft 3, it just launches the Warcraft 3 Reforged UI which I think is garbage compared to the old UI. Then when I join a game, it switches to the old graphics.

That’s literally it. It still takes up 27 gb on my computer even though a lot of that is “locked” with needing to buy Reforged.

1 Like

HAHA 27 gigabytes to play OG warcraft lololololol

I am a modder. One time I took the original WC3 and compressed it to 97 MB. I was able to take my 97 MB installation and play on battlenet in custom games in 2015 or 2016 or so. It was still compatible. Hahaha

I’m not concerned about the new graphics, as I feel they’re not worth $30. I’m concerned about purchasing a game that was advertised as a separate entity from war3 classic, and then updating war3 classic only to find that it was replaced with the game that was supposed to coexist alongside it. If I had known that reforged was going to replace classic, I wouldn’t have paid for it and would’ve just waited for the free update. I’m worried now though that if I refund my reforged purchase, I’ll lose the entire game unless I pay for it again. I don’t have access to the CD keys I used for my classic install anymore, and I’m not sure if linking to my account instead of entering CD keys will work like it has in the past if I refund reforged.

If you don’t have your original CD keys I don’t think you can refund without losing access to the game straight up. There’s a way to permanently enter the CD keys into your account details so double check that you hadn’t done that many years ago.

I did do that, but since war3 classic no longer exists in bnet 2.0, I’m worried that refunding reforged will make it so that if I try to opt to link my blizzard account instead of manually inputting CD keys, as I have done in the past, it won’t work anymore. I’m hoping that’s not the case but I also don’t want to be the first one to find out.

2 Likes

Sucks that Blizzard didn’t deliver on Wc3:R.

1 Like

even if you have reforged claasic looks ugly now.

Yes, the game updated, but without the purchase, you don’t get access to the Reforged content. That’s what you bought, not the consolidation of the clients into one.

I don’t even want the new graphics though. I just want to keep being able to play the game. What I’m trying to figure out is, since I had the game before I bought reforged, am I going to be able to reinstall from my blizzard account if I refund reforged? idk how many more ways I can re-word the same thing

That’s interesting. I saw one other make the same claim and the others in the thread refuted it. So I looked for myself. I opened both the classic version 1.30 and the current classic version in the Reforged client. With the exception of slight camera angles, and I mean slight, the graphics were the same.

Are people now resorting to conjuring up things out of thin air to be mad about?

Oh! Yeah you can but you need to have at least the game key from RoC linked to your Battlenet account. See this thread here.

i have 1.28 version on my pc and reforged with classic w3 i opened both there is major graphic difference 1.28 look 10 times better than w3 classic from reforged.

Ah. I’ll concede to that. I don’t have anything earlier than 1.30.

I see whats going on ,Blizzard you need to sufer. You need to feel pain from the God ,i be honest ,am honest man ,didnt deserve this broke payment, but God lookin ,its gonna be closed soon ,i wish you to to go bankrupt!

you okay honey?

this forum is home to the king of necro-bumpers.