Since 1.32.7 W3 starts update and gives error

Keeps giving the error BLZBNTAGT00000BB8 - Blizzard Support. After some time it comes back to normal.

1 Like

Hey, ThanosTitan! This error is some what of a “catch-all” error, since it can indicate connection issues, permission issues, and corrupted files or harddrive. It’s a bit odd that it comes and goes, though. It can happen from time to time with an update, but outside of the support article, there are a few steps that may help alleviate the issue. Could you try the following steps?

Hopefully, one of these suggestions may help! If it continues, there’s a few questions I have for you. How often does the error come and go? Does the same problem happen on an alternative connection or VPN? If neither are possible, could you try logging out of the Blizzard Application and see if another region does the same thing? This should use a different patch server, so these should help us narrow down if connection may be the cause.

It looks like a server issue. It shows now “Update”. If I wait a little the game version appears and it reverts to “Play” and everything is fine.

I did uninstall and re-install the game the first time it happened but it had no effect.

Forgot to mention I am using a Mac.

Interesting and thanks for the additional details! We’re not aware of any server issues at the moment, but based on the behavior where it reverts to “Play” after awhile, I’m curious if the Blizzard Application might be part of the problem. On Macs, it’s common for the Blizzard Application to use a different version and not pushing the updates properly when its been docked. Have you tried clearing any of the cache and tools folders, then preference files and reinstalling the Blizzard Application to test?

It’s an odd behavior. If the problem seems to continue after a fresh reinstall of the Blizzard Application, could you contact our technical support team to look into this further?