Simplify the operation of newcomers in War3 reforged

The RTS game is too hard for newcomers. What Blizzard needs to do most for War3 reforged is to simplify the operation of newcomers:

1. Join F5 to select all heroes and soldiers (F1, F2, F3 is hero 1, hero 2, hero 3, respectively)

2. While building architecture, the system should remind the player about the grid of architecture like sc2, which is convenient for sealing the house;

3. When two or three heroes are leveling together, the five-level hero (the hero who can no longer gain experience through leveling) no longer needs to leave the experience zone to prevent the wilderness experience from being divided;

4. The gold mine suggests that how many farmers are working;

5. The system should remind the player to make up the population building advance;

6. Automatically indicate that the mine is missing farmers in expansion towns;

7. After the mine is built, the nearby farmers will automatically go to the mining area and do not stand still;

8. Automatically prompt the player to produce soldiers against the armor of enemies.

9. Before the start, the rookie can choose different classic tactics (sky wave, spam, TR, etc.), and then promptly remind the rookie of the standard process of tactics, so that the rookie can quickly improve, and not easy to be frustrated;

10. Cancel the 12-unit upper limit and make an infinite formation like sc2;

11. Automatically reminds shoes, group supplements, and other important items to be refreshed in the store in 10 seconds.

12. Add Cooperation Mode/Archon Mode, like SC2, which is popular in the group of new players and old players who want to play with friends easily.

13. The trigger of the above automatic prompts includes: A. The player with level 40 -50 is automatically prompted, while the 1-39 level is no prompted; B. the player pre-selects the need of automatic prompts before matching other players.

1 Like

Saying all that you just said is akin to committing social suicide around here.
This forum reeeeally doesn’t have that many people who are receptive to such suggestions.
And I count among them, for the vast majority of these suggestions.

Which is something that some people see as a good thing. If you don’t want to put in the effort to learn, that’s hardly the game’s fault. It ain’t gonna play itself for you.

This however is one of the things I could see happening. But it’s sorta redundant for half the races (Undead can see their acolytes around the mine at all times, wisps show up in the mine itself when they’re “garrisoned” inside.

Although your idea is good, this form should not be applied to Warcraft III. And I feel that your thoughts insult the great ID of “Moon” :slight_smile:

A lot of these sound just like simple stuff of “practice makes perfect” that should be up to the player to maintain or something that might run a little too close to a fundamental system change.

unlimited unit selection would be bad for new players because it encourages you to not use control groups, a better solution would be this here —> https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/warcraft3/t/pre-set-control-groups-in-option

Some are worth it. others should be like a tutorial mode or vs pc.

Some of these are good ideas. Some go way too far in hand-holding.

Good ideas:
0, 1 (grid display during building), 2, 3, and 9

First of all as far as 0 goes, I’m pretty sure it already works that way for your heroes. As to the rest, even as someone who isn’t very good these ideas seem to fly in the face of what WC3 is and are pretty much unneeded after learning the basics anyway.