Servers in new patch have notable issues

Hi,

Ever since the latest patch a new server was added on the US east coast. Creating a whopping * drumroll * 4 servers which is a nice 2004 norm to operate by. However, it is also 1 server more than we had so thank you. I guess.

However, the sever have some very obnoxious issues. First is that they just of poor quality. At many given moments all players on bnet will experience freezes for a couple of seconds to which the game afterwards fast forwards. This occurs to all players so I can rule out it i just me (also: reforged still doesn’t have a grace period for packet loss so an individual player would simply be booted out of the game).

Secondly the server selection is pretty dumb to say the least. More then once I, a Dutch person, played versus people from Germany. My neighbour. Both in EU. Which server do we get? The USA West server. I have absolutely no clue why we both have to play on 200 ms if we could both play on 20 ms.

Can both be addressed? Since this is only server issues this should be really really easy to fix. Low effort, high reward.

Thanks!

PS
I saw I needed to own a copy of the game to post in the bug forum. I do own a copy of the game, just not of reforged. This appears also as a recently change. Can this be reverted? We can not be blamed for being force fed onto reforged.

1 Like

If you redeem your RoC CD key in your Batttlenet account, that will count as owning the game and should unlock the forums. It may take a moment for it to propagate from Bnet to the forums (a logout and login of the forums might be needed).

The reason you guys played on 200 ping is because one of you selected Americas as default server, for instance I played with a guy from Serbia and I am from Romania, and both had 200 ping, the reason I selected US server is because the EU server doesn’t count the wins at the profile for portraits while the US server does, obscure situation.

I’ve certainly observed this pattern of behavior, but I really question whether or not it’s actually happening simultaneously for everyone playing games at the same time.

No, we have selected Europe to play on. Doesn’t matter. Server selection is as close as random as it gets.

I accept your opinion.
我同意你的看法。
Me too.
我也遇到同樣問題,延遲250ms以上
why battle.net delay 250ms up,that’s damn.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.