Seriously. Who took Cairnes new german Voice?

Until now I thought only the german unit sounds where a step into the toilet and at least Herocharacters where used good. But Cairne Bloodhoof’s new german voice is absolutely unfitting. Before you really thought, grandpa would be there and share his wisdom with you. Now you feel like a thirty year old guy tries to act like an old guy while being merely a decade older. Whas there no older guy in the building to take? Here is an comparison:
Old

New:

Even his Hearthstone voice is better than THIS:
1 Like

Wow the old thrall voice really sux. The new one is much better.

1 Like

It is still better then Cairne’s new voice. Seriously it hurt so much like some bad Anime Dub. I seriously want now more then ever old voices back.

1 Like

Perhaps unpopular opinion but even though english is not my main language i ALWAYS play games in english (as far as any western product goes).

Imho it always sounds better (usually top quality compared to translations) and the UI text looks appropriately sized and placed.
Languages with looong words tend to completely screw the look of a game UI that was designed for english words.

2 Likes

Glaub blizzard hätte lieber nen addon rausbringen sollen für das alte wc3 und alles wäre perfekt gewesen :pensive:

2 Likes

Try out this link to get your old german voices back:

I agree the german Reforged voices are terrible! They all sound so boring and monotonous. The Undead Acoltye suddenly has become a grumpy old man and it seems like they decided to turn half the male units into the same monotonous angry guy with no character. They even messed up Arthas voice in the campaign. What was once a cheerish voice is now a grumpy old man voice.

All of that would have been not so bad if we had the ability to switch between old and new voiceovers. But blizzard simply deleted the better old voices! Outrageous, Reforged is already a massive downgrade graphic-wise, and they removed ladder, clans, custom campaigns, automated tournaments and introduced tons of join bugs. Now they even took the great voiceover.

2 Likes