Sentinel Campaign Chapter 4 Wrath of the betrayer Crashing

Great, works for me… I did not test which of the settings is exactly causing this crashes yet.

It is ok as an workaround, but it should generally work on highest settings… Hope we will get a patch for this soon!

Thanks a lot for the hint!

OK, I played around a bit with the settings. I disabled and re-enabled every setting one by one. It turned out that setting particles to medium or high is causing these crashes. All of the other settings can be set back to high or whatever your computer can handle.

8 Likes

September 9th, 2022. Sentinels campaign chapter 4 unplayable.
I thought it was the mini-map, the add huntress. Nothing helped. It was a frustrating 20 crash troubleshooting issue before I gave up and skipped the level. Thought I’d come here to say, F U for making me pay for this buggy game that requires me to use cheats. Again, F U

3 Likes

Did you try the mentioned fix setting particles to medium?

Hi, ran across this issue today and found this thread. I can confirm lowering the particle effects setting fixed this for me.

1 Like

Worked perfect for me. THX soooo much!

Turning down the particles to low or medium did not work for me at all.

1 Like

Than you have a different bug… Please open a new thread with a detailed description what is causing your crash.

19 October 2022 - Sentinel Campaign Chapter 4 is unplayable.

Crashes every time, impossible to complete so that’s my single campaign over unless anyone knows a way to skip this level?

This game has been out years, I wouldn’t expect this kind of problem from an indie developer let alone Blizzard. It is very disappointing. I wish I’d asked for my money back during the refund window.

**Update: turning particles to low also fixed my issue. Still annoyed. Just found out the new ladder system is broken also. pfffft.

1 Like

What a coincidence, im playing through today as well and i can confirm that feducing the particles option to low solves the issue.

Lastly, Blizzard is downright unethical for refusing to fix this problem. Boo Blizzard. YOU SUCK.

Thanks so much for the workaround.
It’s working perfectly.

1 Like

November 11th, 2022, having the same problem here.

It’s a pity to see Warcraft III reduced to this state.

1 Like

Wow, I’m amazed at you guy’s progress! I haven’t made it past The Blood Elf Campaign episode 1 because of this broken game. -- It should be illegal to make then sell something that doesn’t work, because it is false advertising. I see on the box of this game, people playing something that appears to work, but the reality is much different. --

Just another plus one on turning the particle effects down to low. There’s a lot of water and rain in this level, low particle effects seems to eliminate the rain, and I was able to get through the level just fine once I made that change.

1 Like

(post deleted by author)

works for me, thanks

all you have to do is lower all the setting to minimal and play in window fullscreen mode. that how i personalty got through the mission. once you finish the chapter 4 you can revert the changes bag to previous. hope that helps someone

It’s crazy that it’s April 2023 and this one still isn’t fixed.

1 Like

Just ran into this problem. The fact its the same exact chapter for so many is unbelievable. Quality company.

1 Like

I cannot believe this is STILL not fixed…

2 Likes