Resolution has me confused

So I finally have WC3 classic working, now I’m immediately confused by the resolution. I have a screen with the recommended resolution of 1920x1080 but in game I have to stick to 1024x768 or the hud looks seriously deformed.
Why does the hud look so hideously stretched out on higher 1920x1080? And is there a fix to it?

your not giving us any information for us to know how to help you, like you could start by telling us what version your game is?

Make sure your WCIII is completely updated to current, set your resolution to 1920x1080 / 16:9, close the game. Now right click the icon and click “Run as Administrator.” The menu UI will show the original 4:3 aspect ratio, but when you load into a game, you will get your 16:9.

So pretty much the latest version since I just installed it today.
I’d show you a pic to explain better but for some reason it says I can’t post links, and I don’t know how else to put an image in a reply.

Edit:
Basically I was a bit shook by the look of the hud on 1920x1080 but this became next to not a problem at all within minutes. It’s not that hard for me to get used to a hud that has a little extra space on the sides, it turns out.

Imgur: The magic of the Internet

http://i.imgur.com/s1DNoQM.jpg

1 Like

h-ttps://imgur.com/a/tFrtI5g
This is what it looks like in the menus/mission select. Notice the black lines to the sides? I don’t like those.
h-ttps://imgur.com/a/fOqYZOq
Notice those parts to the left and the right of the hud that are just BRICK? I really didn’t like those at first, but I could live with them on seccond thought.

It still won’t let me post links. Maybe it’s because I don’t have the necessary amount of posts yet (this will be my 42nd post). Anyway just remove the - in from the https.

you said it looked stretched, those bricks are not blank spaces thats how its supposed to look with proper widescreen

dont worry reforged will have improved UI

1 Like

Really? By stretched I meant there’s space that could have been used to make the map or the inventory bigger that was just left blank. On seccond thought I did a poor job of explaining it.
So that’s how it’s supposed to look huh. When I played it as a kid I didn’t have this patch so best I had was 1024x768. Glad to know there’s nothing actually wrong with it though. Thanks for the help! :heart:

Heh, that indeed is not the stretched version. If you force a 4:3 ratio on a widescreen, then you will get the stretched version. You know, the one we have been playing with for years, until recently when proper widescreen support was introduced.

how is he supposed to know that when he said he hasnt played in years